3. South Pittsburg    6-1      138   4

4. Clay County           8-0      126   5

5. Fayetteville            7-1      120   2

6. Cloudland              7-1     100   6

7. Gordonsville          7-1      77    7

8. Middle College      6-0      63    8

9. Dresden                 6-2      36    9

10. Cornersville         6-2      24   10

Others receiving 10 or more votes: none.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I wouldn’t have dropped Fayetteville that far after losing to a decent 4A team.  At most 3 or 4.  

Honestly it should be Clay 3, Fayetteville 4,Gordy 5,South Pitt 6.Gordy had and impressive win at Coalfield.SP hasnt played a very good team yet and FC lost to a 4A Semi team from last year that undoubtedly isnt too bad this year.Clay is 8-0 that alone should be rewarded.JMO this late in the year.It will work itself out but this is how I would rank them right now.

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

1 - Peabody

2 - McKenzie

3 - Clay Co

4 - Fayetteville

5 - Gordonsville

6 - So Pitt

7 - Cloudland

8 - Dresden

9 - Cornersville

10 - Middle College

My thoughts at this point...

This is more spot on but could still make the case of Fayetteville over Clay co with Fayetteville's only loss coming to a solid 4a ball club. Dresden over Cloudland anybody agree or disagree? 

13 minutes ago, TheSkipBayless said:

This is more spot on but could still make the case of Fayetteville over Clay co with Fayetteville's only loss coming to a solid 4a ball club. Dresden over Cloudland anybody agree or disagree? 

I believe Dresden's only 2 losses this year are to Westview and McKenzie.  Two very good teams.  I saw the McKenzie game.  I believe Dresden is a top 5-6 1A team.  But I am biased towards West TN teams

53 minutes ago, TheSkipBayless said:

I'm a lander and it's hard to say. I haven't seen dresden and I doubt we'll see each other.  Our best case scenario is Gordy or south Pitt coming to roan Mt for the semis.  Midway, greenback or coalfield are very capable of putting us out early.  The only team we play in that caliber is Hampton.  These poll makers actually rank teams like unicoi and west greene in 3a when they wouldn't even make the playoffs if they were in region 2 1a.  We're stuck in a region with the worst teams in the state and makes our record deceptively good eventhough I believe we are a pretty good team

Honestly I wouldn't mind scheduling a team like Gordy or south Pitt just to see where we stand early on.  If we had at least 3 games with the baddest of the bad, it would help offset all the running clocks we have to deal with up here.  When this regular season is over, we will have played 6 games with running clocks :eek:

Edited by THE KING