AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 18 2021

Southtowner

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Agree,watched the Hampton game and you all fell apart,looked alot like our CF game.Your young QB looked scared to death before first snap.Hampton is a good team no doubt but not 30 better.

Zac done a good job with improvement after that game especially with the defense.  First team has only given up 2 scores since that game and both of those were flukes.  No one has been able to drive the ball down the field on them

4 hours ago, OldTownRoad said:

I wouldn't say most likely. Clay is definitely more talented than Gordonsville. Just a question of whether Clay can bring their A game to Gordonsville and limit their mistakes.

Looks like Sp will be the underdog in both the 2nd and 3rd round this year. Seems like Clay and Gordonsville are the favorite in the east this year 

5 hours ago, OldTownRoad said:

I wouldn't say most likely. Clay is definitely more talented than Gordonsville. Just a question of whether Clay can bring their A game to Gordonsville and limit their mistakes.

Clay County may beat Gordonsville, but I don’t really know if I would make the conclusory statement that they are Definitely more talented. Gordonsville’s defense plays well, as a unit, and they have playmakers on offense that I wouldn’t sleep on.  But, I barely have the qualified knowledge of football to post.

Edited by Enthusiast

19 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Clay County may beat Gordonsville, but I don’t really know if I would make the conclusory statement that they are Definitely more talented. Gordonsville’s defense plays well, as a unit, and they have playmakers on offense that I wouldn’t sleep on.  But, I barely have the qualified knowledge of football to post.

I would consider Gordonsville playing well as a unit more to do with coaching than talent. I agree that Gordonsville is very well coached and do not beat themselves very often. 

5 minutes ago, OldTownRoad said:

I would consider Gordonsville playing well as a unit more to do with coaching than talent. I agree that Gordonsville is very well coached and do not beat themselves very often. 

You’re right. Until they play, I guess only Jo Byrns could say as to whom seemed more talented, to them. 

On 10/18/2021 at 7:53 PM, Southtowner said:

Rugrats-Passover-382-rugrats-43273390-30

BEHOLD THY POLL

Class 1A

School                  Record Points  Prv

1. Peabody (19)         7-0      190   1

2. McKenzie               8-0      166   3

3. South Pittsburg    6-1      138   4

4. Clay County           8-0      126   5

5. Fayetteville            7-1      120   2

6. Cloudland              7-1     100   6

7. Gordonsville          7-1      77    7

8. Middle College      6-0      63    8

9. Dresden                 6-2      36    9

10. Cornersville         6-2      24   10

Others receiving 10 or more votes: none.

How’s this gonna play out Monday? 

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1.  McKenzie

2.  Clay

3. Fayetteville 

4. Peabody

5.  Cloudland

6.  Gordonsville

7. South Pitt

8. Middle College

9.  Cornersville

10. Dresden

Dont think this is the correct order but I bet it is close to what the AP poll will look like. 

Losses or not.Think LC is a top 10 team.After what I'm seeing,LC has a very good running back in Sophomore #7 Mullens.Think with him and Day Day coming back next year and Mullens 2 more years,LC will have two of the best backs in the state.