AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 18 2021

Southtowner

5 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Losses or not.Think LC is a top 10 team.After what I'm seeing,LC has a very good running back in Sophomore #7 Mullens.Think with him and Day Day coming back next year and Mullens 2 more years,LC will have two of the best backs in the state.

Plus 3 losses.To Union City,first game of year and Trenton and Haywood.Wonder how many teams in top 10 or even top 5 would beat those teams? Especially  Trenton and Haywood? See Cov was also man handled by Haywood.

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1.  McKenzie

2.  Clay

3. Fayetteville 

4. Peabody

5.  Cloudland

6.  Gordonsville

7. South Pitt

8. Middle College

9.  Cornersville

10. Dresden

Dont think this is the correct order but I bet it is close to what the AP poll will look like. 

Lake Co has gotta get in? Right? Love the poll but LC is in 10. Our 3 losses UC Peabody and Haywood 

1 minute ago, shockernation said:

Lake Co has gotta get in? Right? Love the poll but LC is in 10. Our 3 losses UC Peabody and Haywood 

I would put you in. I fully believe y’all deserve to be somewhere in the top 8 and will be playing come round 3. I have no confidence in the AP to put together a poll that actually has the 10 best teams in it. 

5 minutes ago, shockernation said:

My 1A top 10 would look like this. 
1.  Peabody (until another 1A team beats them)

2. McKenzie

3. Fayetteville 

4. Gordonsville 

5. South Pitt

6. Clay

7.  Lake Co

8. Cloudland

9. Coalfield

T10.  Cornersville 

T10. Middle College

4 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

No disrespect to Lake County, but a team that is 4-3 with no impressive wins should not be in the top 10. Sorry not sorry

This is what is wrong with most polls. It doesn’t matter who someone has played or how good they are. You see the losses and assume they don’t deserve it. Even at the college level most of the ones voting don’t know how good all the teams are and are biased on record or their area. When you say no disrespect most of the time you are disrespecting them.

36 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

This is what is wrong with most polls. It doesn’t matter who someone has played or how good they are. You see the losses and assume they don’t deserve it. Even at the college level most of the ones voting don’t know how good all the teams are and are biased on record or their area. When you say no disrespect most of the time you are disrespecting them.

True, but what's the difference between Milan and Lake County? Lake County has 3 losses. They were supposed to lose to 2 of them (not Union City). Milan has 5 losses to teams they were supposed to lose. Neither team has an impressive win. Why should we consider Lake County a top ten team in 1A when they have 3 losses, but not Milan when they have 5 losses? I took the Milan injuries into consideration..

Edited by TryNotToSuck

2 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

True, but what's the difference between Milan and Lake County? Lake County has 3 losses. They were supposed to lose to 2 of them (not Union City). Milan has 5 losses to teams they were supposed to lose. Neither team has an impressive win. Why should we consider Lake County a top ten team in 1A when they have 3 losses, but not Milan when they have 5 losses? I took the Milan injuries into consideration..

You made your point…you don’t think we are top 10. I respect that 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

True, but what's the difference between Milan and Lake County? Lake County has 3 losses to teams that they were to supposed to lose. Milan has 5 losses to teams they were supposed to lose. Neither team has an impressive win. Why should we consider Lake County a top ten team in 1A when they have 3 losses, but not Milan when they have 5 losses? I took the Milan injuries into consideration..

I would by no means have Milan near a pole with their collective play all year on the field. But if you are a good 1a team that has lost to better teams then they should not be penalized by that.  What about Trenton? Who have they beat besides Westview by this logic? Maybe they were lucky by beating Westview and then they have no good wins. But I don’t believe that because I have seen how they have played and they are deserving to be in the poles.

3 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

I would by no means have Milan near a pole with their collective play all year on the field. But if you are a good 1a team that has lost to better teams then they should not be penalized by that.  What about Trenton? Who have they beat besides Westview by this logic? Maybe they were lucky by beating Westview and then they have no good wins. But I don’t believe that because I have seen how they have played and they are deserving to be in the poles.

But that is why a pole is a good discussion topic. Everyone has an opinion and can make a good case for their opinion.  We can agree to disagree.

44 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

And that's the toughest thing for Lake County fans to swallow. Why are we (or me specifically) penalizing Lake County for having 3 losses when Peabody has 1 loss? First, I do believe Lake County had a few players out against Union City for Covid reasons. However, I do remember Lake County fans voicing their frustration on how disappointed they were in the loss to Union City. That tells me they should have won the game (regardless the players that were missing the game). Another reason is they lost to Peabody straight up. It's a region game and they had to play them. I'm not penalizing Lake County losing to Haywood. I actually want to appreciate the Falcons and Coach Quinn for willing to play the Tomcats.

This is where Lake County gets penalized. The media in Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, and throughout our state that does these polls, they'll see Lake County have 3 losses and automatically put them out. Is Lake County better than Middle College? To me, yes. But that's not what the media see. They see LC has 3 losses compared to Middle College with 0, and they'll put Middle College in over Lake County. I hope that make sense. I don't believe they due their due diligence because they have 6 classifications to cover.

Peabody is in the same boat, but they have the win over Westview. Do I believe Peabody beat Westview if they were to meet today? No. (I don't think they will "lose" the game either) I don't think Peabody has gotten better from August to now. If they were to meet today, it's more of a "toss up" like it was in August. Peabody is in the polls over Lake County because they only have the 1 loss, but they also defeated Lake County. Sadly, branding has something to do with it as well. If the media see the name "Peabody" they're automatically in the top 3-4 in 1A now. In the preseason, it's similar to when the media put Milan to represent 4A in the state championship game. Why? Because they went to state in 3A last year and because they are "Milan." They didn't put 4A into consideration and they disrespected Haywood. That's how I see it. The Milan brand is a selling card to the media in Middle and East Tennessee.

Edited by TryNotToSuck
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

And that's the toughest thing for Lake County fans to swallow. Why are we (or me specifically) penalizing Lake County for having 3 losses when Peabody has 1 loss? First, I do believe Lake County had a few players out against Union City for Covid reasons. However, I do remember Lake County fans voicing their frustration on how disappointed they were in the loss to Union City. That tells me they should have won the game (regardless the players that were missing the game). Another reason is they lost to Peabody straight up. It's a region game and they had to play them. I'm not penalizing Lake County losing to Haywood. I actually want to appreciate the Falcons and Coach Quinn for willing to play the Tomcats.

This is where Lake County gets penalized. The media in Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, and throughout our state that does these polls, they'll see Lake County have 3 losses and automatically put them out. Is Lake County better than Middle College? To me, yes. But that's not what the media see. They see LC has 3 losses compared to Middle College with 0, and they'll put Middle College in over Lake County. I hope that make sense. I don't believe they due their due diligence because they have 6 classifications to cover.

Peabody is in the same boat, but they have the win over Westview. Do I believe Peabody beat Westview if they were to meet today? No. (I don't think they will "lose" the game either) I don't think Peabody has gotten better from August to now. If they were to meet today, it's more of a "toss up" like it was in August. Peabody is in the polls over Lake County because they only have the 1 loss, but they also defeated Lake County. Sadly, branding has something to do with it as well. If the media see the name "Peabody" they're automatically in the top 3-4 in 1A now. In the preseason, it's similar to when the media put Milan to represent 4A in the state championship game. Why? Because they went to state in 3A last year and because they are "Milan." They didn't put 4A into consideration and they disrespected Haywood. That's how I see it. The Milan brand is a selling card to the media in Middle and East Tennessee.

I don't think anyone has said anything about Trenton being number 1.I still have them there until a Single A team beats them.Id be willing to bet,LC beats the Memphis teams,including Middle College and makes it to 3rd round.Ive said all along,LC is a year away