AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 18 2021

Southtowner

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

I'm a lander and it's hard to say. I haven't seen dresden and I doubt we'll see each other.  Our best case scenario is Gordy or south Pitt coming to roan Mt for the semis.  Midway, greenback or coalfield are very capable of putting us out early.  The only team we play in that caliber is Hampton.  These poll makers actually rank teams like unicoi and west greene in 3a when they wouldn't even make the playoffs if they were in region 2 1a.  We're stuck in a region with the worst teams in the state and makes our record deceptively good eventhough I believe we are a pretty good team

Like I said earlier it will all work itself out.The thing Cloudland needs to do in spite of what others think,is too come down off the Mtn and schedule some region 2 teams whether it be 1A or 2A both are very comparable and would give you an idea what you need to do come playoffs. Some think SOS dont matter I whole heartedly disagree.Iron sharpens iron.I too am anxious to see you all play a quality opponent.I will be pulling for you all except one possible game!

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Like I said earlier it will all work itself out.The thing Cloudland needs to do in spite of what others think,is too come down off the Mtn and schedule some region 2 teams whether it be 1A or 2A both are very comparable and would give you an idea what you need to do come playoffs. Some think SOS dont matter I whole heartedly disagree.Iron sharpens iron.I too am anxious to see you all play a quality opponent.I will be pulling for you all except one possible game!

Some may judge us by the Hampton game. We play that game again, it's much closer.  Playing them, rockwood, oneida,  greenback, etc would be better for us because we have too many cupcakes as it is.  We tried it in 2011-12 but we were too down to compete

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Some may judge us by the Hampton game. We play that game again, it's much closer.  Playing them, rockwood, oneida,  greenback, etc would be better for us because we have too many cupcakes as it is.  We tried it in 2011-12 but we were too down to compete

Hampton let up early, could have been worse. I know you guys were missing a valuable player but Hampton was without a 365 pound lineman and one of the best players on both sides of the ball. Cumberland Gap beat HV nearly as bad as you guys and we demolished them. I do think you are a top 10 team in 1a and you'll win until you run into a good run stopping team, not sure if region 2 has that type team but SP or Gordonsville would probably shut it down. Just like us, you are good until you're not.

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Agree,watched the Hampton game and you all fell apart,looked alot like our CF game.Your young QB looked scared to death before first snap.Hampton is a good team no doubt but not 30 better.

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Agree,watched the Hampton game and you all fell apart,looked alot like our CF game.Your young QB looked scared to death before first snap.Hampton is a good team no doubt but not 30 better.

Think Hampton planned it that way, the young QB is a Sr and the game plan was to bring heat and stop the run. Worked like a Charm.