AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 18 2021

Southtowner

13 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I'd be willing to say most of the teams from 5 to 10 have no impressive wins.And had they played Trenton and Haywood,would bet they'd had 2 losses.

We see this a lot a team don’t get the respect they deserve all year in the rankings and in the playoffs they show their true colors. Lake county is definitely a top ten team. There is not one single A or two A or three A team that can beat Haywood besides Alcoa.

4 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

We see this a lot a team don’t get the respect they deserve all year in the rankings and in the playoffs they show their true colors. Lake county is definitely a top ten team. There is not one single A or two A or three A team that can beat Haywood besides Alcoa.

Kiss butt much?

10 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

True, but what's the difference between Milan and Lake County? Lake County has 3 losses. They were supposed to lose to 2 of them (not Union City). Milan has 5 losses to teams they were supposed to lose. Neither team has an impressive win. Why should we consider Lake County a top ten team in 1A when they have 3 losses, but not Milan when they have 5 losses? I took the Milan injuries into consideration..

People have different opinions of what a poll is. I never list teams in any order, but appreciate seeing how others think...some (most) are big on records and where a team "deserves" to be placed just to hold a spot in the order. My personal opinion of the order of a poll would be to place a team where they would lose to everyone above them and beat everyone below. Of course that's impossible because of matchups, strengths vs. weakness, home field, ect... but you get the idea. After the obvious four or five at the top, how many would be favored to beat Lake County? Not asking a question with the answer already in mind either, just would genuinely like your opinion. 

17 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

People have different opinions of what a poll is. I never list teams in any order, but appreciate seeing how others think...some (most) are big on records and where a team "deserves" to be placed just to hold a spot in the order. My personal opinion of the order of a poll would be to place a team where they would lose to everyone above them and beat everyone below. Of course that's impossible because of matchups, strengths vs. weakness, home field, ect... but you get the idea. After the obvious four or five at the top, how many would be favored to beat Lake County? Not asking a question with the answer already in mind either, just would genuinely like your opinion. 

I agree with what you said about polls. You place a team where you think they would lose to those above and beat those below. 

8 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I'd be willing to say most of the teams from 5 to 10 have no impressive wins.And had they played Trenton and Haywood,would bet they'd had 2 losses.

5. Fayetteville has four wins that are impressive. Wins against Watertown, Cornersville, Lewis County, and Upperman are impressive.

6. Cloudland's most impressive win is to Unicoi County (7-1 the score was 28-0 on the road).

7. Gordonsville's most impressive win came to 7-2 Coalfield

8. Middle College doesn't have an impressive win. I would say it would be Trezevant. But Trezevant is in the same boat as West Carroll.

9. Dresden doesn't have an impressive win either. I hate to say, but they do have two more wins than Lake County

10 Cornersville win came to 6-3 Forrest. 

I know Lake County's "impressive" win came to West Caroll. I just can't say West Carroll is a good football team (despite a 7-2 record).

4 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

5. Fayetteville has four wins that are impressive. Wins against Watertown, Cornersville, Lewis County, and Upperman are impressive.

6. Cloudland's most impressive win is to Unicoi County (7-1 the score was 28-0 on the road).

7. Gordonsville's most impressive win came to 7-2 Coalfield

8. Middle College doesn't have an impressive win. I would say it would be Trezevant. But Trezevant is in the same boat as West Carroll.

9. Dresden doesn't have an impressive win either. I hate to say, but they do have two more wins than Lake County

10 Cornersville win came to 6-3 Forrest. 

I know Lake County's "impressive" win came to West Caroll. I just can't say West Carroll is a good football team (despite a 7-2 record).

Me either.They arent.I saw Fayetteville play Lewis Co.I have them,Trenton and McKenzie as the top teams from the west.Think Dresden has played well.Surprised they lost to Central.

51 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Me either.They arent.I saw Fayetteville play Lewis Co.I have them,Trenton and McKenzie as the top teams from the west.Think Dresden has played well.Surprised they lost to Central.

I would rather fly under the radar as Cville did and then beat everybody in the playoffs.LC looks to have a top 7 team no doubt but in the end will more than likely lose when it counts.Your side just has too many "Heavier" hitters left.No disrespect Falcon fans you have mine and you know why but 1A is loaded this year.