Catholic @ Powell - Rivalry Thursday

osunut2

4 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Central has come on strong!! It would not shock me in the least to see them represent the East.

There's some really good players still on that team, but Idk if there's enough to do that. There's many "holes" If people know exactly where to look. Trust me, I know most of those kids like the back of my hand.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:35 AM, OldandBusted said:

It was scheduled when the last staff was still in charge. The same team that hammered West last year. If you go back through social media of some of the previous coaches, there was major shade being tossed between members of both staffs. Catholic dished out the cash to set it up. I've heard 10k plus gate. But it could be less or more.

The game is at Powell.  So the gate is immaterial and no way Catholic would pay big money for an away game.

On 10/20/2021 at 1:46 PM, PurplePanther said:

Never understood why KC joined D2-AAA.  33% (Memphis) of the division is 6 hours away.  41% (Nashville) of the division is 2+ hours away.  IMO D2-AA made more since.  I think Lipscomb Academy proved there is enough competition at that level for them.

I've seen KC in person and Powell on TV and clips.  If Nolen is Nolen....give me Powell in this one as I think the middle of the O-line can be pushed.  

Didn’t have a choice based on enrollment.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• l don't think you can claim the Jones boys are part of a BHS pipeline. Dad played at BHS and you all have always said the boys were not doubt, always were, and totally Maryville kids. I really don't know if the Smith boy is a Bearden kid. I think he is the next best thing up kid. Dad has shopped him around to multiple schools since he started. Catholic used to be the best thing, then it was BHS, and now Maryville is the next best thing. Who knows what is next. Have you ever listened or talked to the dad, he is all over the place. But kind of figured BHS Coach Jones and his style of coaching and the way dad talks on the radio and to groups that they were going in two totally different directions.  l really don"t think the dad knew what he was getting into when he sent his son to play for Coach Jones and the rest of that coaching staff.       
    • they have paint that washes off turf i think.  surely it's not permanent.
    • Have no problem if they want to use the football field but dang get a professional painter that knows what he's doing , not something that looks like Box Car Willie stopped by overnight to spray yellow graffiti on the field. if this was grass it would be no big deal but this is a synthetic football field someone painted.