McKenzie vs Sequatchie County

VOLnWTN

1 minute ago, VOLnWTN said:

I think just lack of players. Sequatchie needed a game so they are coming to McKenzie.

Something's gotta be going on over there. We scrimmaged Perry County preseason and first game against Bruceton. I know that was a long time ago but going off the teams I saw there's no reason Bruceton should've lost. 

31 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Something's gotta be going on over there. We scrimmaged Perry County preseason and first game against Bruceton. I know that was a long time ago but going off the teams I saw there's no reason Bruceton should've lost. 

Bruceton started the season around 30 players on their roster. They lost 4-5 players in reflect of the coaching change. They also lost 4-5 additional players when they started 0-3 on the season. That leaves them down to around 20 players. 5-6 players have season ending injuries. They had 14-15 players dressed on their sideline last week against Perry County. There was one more player that got hurt and it appeared that was he is done (based off significant of injury) for the season. There are more injured players on the Bruceton sideline than they are in "non-injured" players.

I'm not a fan of teams cancelling a game due to injuries when they have more than enough players to still play the game (regardless of victory or defeat). But, McKenzie would be wasting their time playing Bruceton. Bruceton had 8th graders (who aren't fully developed size wise) playing receiver and 8th/9th graders playing on the offensive line. They had a safety wearing #63. It wasn't going to be fair and Bruceton would be completely embarrassed and potentially hurt even more. This is the right decision.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1