Science Hill vs DB October 29

ETNfan83

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

DB got so close last year, that was one of the best games I've seen in some time.

I know everybody get tired of me bringing up the secondary but if DB had had even a decent secondary last year that would of been a win at Maryville. Maryville dialed up a touchdown pass anytime they wanted to. The secondary will cost DB the game Friday night as well. 

I don't know if it will happen in any of our lives,but one of these days DB will have a team that has it all and it will come on a year that Maryville and all of the other East Tennessee runners up's are rebuilding ( Maryville reloading ) and they will find the same in the semi's and finals for a playoff state championship.It takes a certain amount of luck for most teams including my Devils.Anyone remember the great University of  Tennessee '97 team with what should have been a Heisman winning QB ? We all remember the '98 team that was getting curb stomped by Arkansas and apparently a higher power didn't like Bill and Hillary.

5 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

I don't know if it will happen in any of our lives,but one of these days DB will have a team that has it all and it will come on a year that Maryville and all of the other East Tennessee runners up's are rebuilding ( Maryville reloading ) and they will find the same in the semi's and finals for a playoff state championship.It takes a certain amount of luck for most teams including my Devils.Anyone remember the great University of  Tennessee '97 team with what should have been a Heisman winning QB ? We all remember the '98 team that was getting curb stomped by Arkansas and apparently a higher power didn't like Bill and Hillary.

I loved that '97 team. I followed them even when I was still back home out West. Peyton was totally robbed. I didn't fully appreciate that season or even the '98 team until I moved here and saw the impact it had on the community.

Edited by Czar

54 minutes ago, Czar said:

I loved that '97 team. I followed them even when I was still back home out West. Peyton was totally robbed. I didn't fully appreciate that season of even the '98 team until I moved here and saw the impact it had on the community.

I'll wear Green for this one.Myself and BVD were at that '98 Arkansas game.An old man behind us cursed for  hours, everything from the player's and coaches to the cheerleaders and Smokey.He finally left with about half the fourth quarter.All I could say to BVD when he left  was,( the only good thing about this game is that old ( SO and SO ) waited his whole life to see a number one UT team in Neyland and he gets this ). Yep, he missed the great ending and the happiness the good fans got to feel.I'd bet money it was one of his family members that through the mustard on the field during the Ole Miss game.ha

Edited by BatmanDevil

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'll wear Green for this one.Myself and BVD were at that '98 Arkansas game.An old man behind us cursed for  hours, everything from the player's and coaches to the cheerleaders and Smokey.He finally left with about half the fourth quarter.All I could say to BVD when he left  was,( the only good thing about this game is that old ( SO and SO ) waited his whole life to see a number one UT team in Neyland and he gets this ). Yep, he missed the great ending and the happiness the good fans got to feel.I'd bet money it was one of his family members that through the mustard on the field during the Ole Miss game.ha

Can you give us a BVD update?    Been concerned about his health.....

20 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I know everybody get tired of me bringing up the secondary but if DB had had even a decent secondary last year that would of been a win at Maryville. Maryville dialed up a touchdown pass anytime they wanted to. The secondary will cost DB the game Friday night as well. 

If we're lucky, they won't need a secondary on Friday if the man upstairs has anything to say about it.  Currently there's a 60% chance of rain for Friday and it's going to be a little cool. 

39 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Only 4 pages???      It's the day before the game, people!!        Where is all the chatter?          Is everybody talking on FB now instead of the T?            Or......  is there not much passion about this game anymore?

Feel lucky Blazer its not more. I expressed my opinion and there is nothing left to say. Have you seen all the trash on almost all the 5A, 6A east TN. threads? Were actually lucky.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Feel lucky Blazer its not more. I expressed my opinion and there is nothing left to say. Have you seen all the trash on almost all the 5A, 6A east TN. threads? Were actually lucky.

Yeah I hear ya.... I asked those other guys to start a "Drama" thread so it doesn't clutter up the real football talk