Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Award Nominations

CoachT

Ranen Blackburn - Senior QB | White House High School - Class 3-A

2021 Season Stats | White House 8-1 (5-0) and Region 6-3A Champions

124 rush for 1125 - 16 TD | 56-97 pass for 1026 - 7 TD

First player in White House High School history with 1,000 yards rushing and passing same season. He's also accomplished this with ANOTHER 1,000 yard back in the same season with Reece McAfee.

Career Stats (I realize it's a season award, but these are impressive)

593 rush for 4016 - 46 TD | 91-182 pass for 1630 - 16 TD

4th All-time rushing | School Record 20 Career 100-Yard Games 

FCZqeY1X0AIIilp?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by bdpweb

I know no one in 5A compares to Desean Bishop's numbers and impact, but Ethan Davis, a sophomore running back at Rhea County, has to have close to 1500 total yards, and I know he has 18 total TDs after his 5 TD performance at Bradley Central last week. I think he has a fumble recovery or two on defense as well. I think I saw from other Rhea people that he had over 200 rushing yards before halftime. He won't win the award, but he should definitely be a finalist. Even more impressive is that he shares the backfield with three other capable runners and a QB in Martin who has 17 rushing TDs and a few hundred rushing yards himself.

Edited by gulloern74
  • Upvote 1

Class 2A - Andrew Meadow - SR - Houston County - QB/RB/SS 

2,458 Total Yards,  20 Total TD - 9 games played.

141 carries   1,459 yards   10.35 ypc   16 rushing TD

31 of 82 passing 514 yards   2 passing TD

19 kickoff returns  395 yards  1 return for TD

73 total tackles,  4 tackles for loss, 2 interceptions, 1 interception for TD.

Edited by WedgeRight

On 10/23/2021 at 7:36 AM, Reb1021 said:

2A Luke Myers South Greene

2780- total yards

2220- passing 

560-rushing 

37-Total TD’s

2A

Luke Myers is definitely deserving and I think if the voters are looking at the total picture he should be #1 in my book.  I was comparing Luke’s #’s with the 5star Ty Simpson and here’s both for offense.  I’m not sure if Ty plays any defense or special teams, but Luke does.  

Luke is an all around great athlete. He’s been a solid help on defense and even made some great punts this year.  I had seen on WJHL today that he had put up 437 passing yards & 4 TD’s against Seymour a 4A school with a 6-2 record coming into that game. 437 yards for any QB in my book is remarkable for a high school player.

Does anyone have Ty’s & Luke’s defensive & special teams stats??  I would like to know.  I looked online, but I didn’t find anything that I thought was solid stats.

Also if someone has the total pass completion & carries for both please list them below.  Thank You and have blessed weekend.  

Ty’s

2647-total yards

2178-passing

469-rushing 

35-Total TD’s

3-INTS

Luke’s 

2780- total yards

2220- passing 

560-rushing 

37-Total TD’s

4-INTS

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• Ouch! If he's in the scrap business maybe 
    • That's a nice story but has little to nothing to do with what we're talking about. 
    • The winds of change are blowing in Hartsville.     Will be an interesting follow.    Would go back to the 90s and turn black the clock!
    • Did he promise you a coordinator job or something if he ever got a head coaching job? He resigned? He was at the top of the dugout last night calling plays. I wonder if those 30+ parents would let him give their kids a ride. by the way the board meeting was last night and it was not mentioned. must have been at the work session earlier this week which is not public. must be trying to keep it quiet.  Since you know so much, how much is Robbie Atwood willing to pay Adam Cothron?  Didn't you slander Eden earlier on here? You also didn't know he was a faculty coach again so how much do you really know? Some people outside this county baffle me with their need to slander others.    
    • He resigned smh, and have you ever heard of charged but not convicted. Some people in this county baffle me with their need to slander others. Have you asked any of the 30+ parents that signed a petition to get him reinstated at the board meeting this week how they feel about this? Just let it play out, at the end of the day the only people that will bring TC back are the ones that know what its about at its core.    People hate losing and they aren't used to it at TC. I for 1, and I'm sure others too, understand having a dip in talent and not being able to compete for a state title every year. But in the past, TC teams have outworked more talented teams, they didn't continuously lose the turnover battle, they didn't commit 8+ penalties in several games each season, and I believe several of the folks in town that want Blake out feel as if he is neglecting the history of the program. This is from a source that used to be extremely close to the program (not me lol), Blake gets out of school midday and the players show up and there is no practice plan or itinerary.  I also understand those that are on team Blake, when he has loads of talent, he wins. He does know football and he is a tremendous DC, and if the rumors are true then he will do great things. As for the board member issue, it is what it is, everyone that's true to the county know that and nothing has changed. I agree though that they should strive to make the facilities as good as we can. And as far as potential candidates, I agree there is very few options. West, Vetetoe (yes I know), and couple others that could have some interest. Whatever happens is massive for the program during a pivotal time before the next big wave of stars make their way through.