Region 4A Championship Clay County (9-0) @ Gordonsville (8-1)

OldTownRoad

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’ll say this much Clay County will show up for the game this week unlike Trousdale County when they had to face a team that was going to beat them. TC pulled a Democrat move and twisted the rules so they wouldn’t have to play Upperman.  Gordonsville is the favorite here at home but I’m pulling for Clay County as always. Now in a few weeks when round ball rolls around Clay would beat an all-star team of TC and Gordy combined by 40!

Who cares about basketball? Not me. But I guess your basketball player who jumped ship on your football team doesn't believe in Celina as a football powerhouse either. 

42 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Who cares about basketball? Not me. But I guess your basketball player who jumped ship on your football team doesn't believe in Celina as a football powerhouse either. 

Clay County has always had a good football program. They are more known for the basketball teams and rightfully so. They are the reigning state champions. Gordonsville has a rich history in football and year in and year out fields good/great teams.  This should be a good game between 2 very good teams. I’ll be there to watch it and I’ll be pulling for Clay County!  

I just wish Friday would hurry up and roll around.  Call me crazy, but the closer it gets the better I feel about the Dawgs taking care of business.  I just wish the AP folks wouldn’t have lost their minds and added fuel to the Gville fire by releasing those unjustified rankings.  Gville oughta be ranked ahead of Clay and I’ll be the first to say that, not to mention the injustice to the teams from the west.  It’ll make a cool newspaper clipping to look back at someday, but a ranking never won a ball game.  I’d say that a ranking has cost some teams a game over the years though.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Boarhog said:

I just wish Friday would hurry up and roll around.  Call me crazy, but the closer it gets the better I feel about the Dawgs taking care of business.  I just wish the AP folks wouldn’t have lost their minds and added fuel to the Gville fire by releasing those unjustified rankings.  Gville oughta be ranked ahead of Clay and I’ll be the first to say that, not to mention the injustice to the teams from the west.  It’ll make a cool newspaper clipping to look back at someday, but a ranking never won a ball game.  I’d say that a ranking has cost some teams a game over the years though.

I believe Clay had Gordonsville’s respect and attention long before any AP ranking came out. These two junior classes have been butting heads since they were in diapers. TC and H20 folks have stirred up a lot of faux disrespect in this thread. The Cornersville win is impressive.
I always expect a Gordonsville win with my blue glasses but whoever wins this game better hope they don’t see the other in the 3rd round. It’s always tough to beat a team twice

4 minutes ago, TigerTown12 said:

I believe Clay had Gordonsville’s respect and attention long before any AP ranking came out. These two junior classes have been butting heads since they were in diapers. TC and H20 folks have stirred up a lot of faux disrespect in this thread. The Cornersville win is impressive.
I always expect a Gordonsville win with my blue glasses but whoever wins this game better hope they don’t see the other in the 3rd round. It’s always tough to beat a team twice

Well said sir. Totally agree! Looking forward to watching these teams play on Friday night. And best I can remember Gordonsville has always had a good concession stand and that’s important!!

1 hour ago, TigerTown12 said:

I thought the same thing. SP will have a much tougher 2nd and 3rd round game than usual, but the East runs through SP as it does every year.

Clay and Gordy both will be very tough matchups for us but we will be ready. Seeing improvements each week and getting some injured players back that will be tough for any teams in the east to matchup with. With that said, not much time to get into "football shape".

29 minutes ago, OldTownRoad said:

Gordonsville is advertising a blue out for this game. Clay County is advertising a black out. Black and blue all over the stands is very fitting for how the game should go.

Black out is fitting for Celina. They will be in mourning but at least their bellies will be full of fried oreos.