Region 4A Championship Clay County (9-0) @ Gordonsville (8-1)

OldTownRoad

22 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Black out is fitting for Celina. They will be in mourning but at least their bellies will be full of fried oreos.

I was thinking a hot bowl of chili. What will the yellowbellies be serving in TC?  Y’all might as well forfeit again for next year against Upperman. If you were too skeered to play them on your home turf it will be even worse when you come to Baxter. 

30 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I was thinking a hot bowl of chili. What will the yellowbellies be serving in TC?  Y’all might as well forfeit again for next year against Upperman. If you were too skeered to play them on your home turf it will be even worse when you come to Baxter. 

I don't care about  concessions. 

I never could eat anything before I played and it is still that way now. I did drink a lot of pickle juice to help with cramps. 

Your words about Lowerman don't bother me. 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

If my information is correct, Gordonsville sent their D-coordinator to the Clay-York game Friday night.  If true, that doesn't sound like disrespect to me, maybe to RBS, but not Clay. Unfortunately for Celina, the Bulldogs have the Tigers full attention. Come on Friday!

Edited by Pepperspot
Restructure

13 minutes ago, Pepperspot said:

If my information is correct, Gordonsville sent their D-coordinator to the Clay-York game Friday night.  If true, that doesn't sound like disrespect to me, maybe to RBS, but not Clay. Unfortunately for Celina, the Bulldogs have the Tigers full attention. Come on Friday!

gordy HC and DC were  at the SP game on Thursday night . 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

2 hours ago, Boarhog said:

If the current forecast for Gordonsville during game hours holds true there’s around a 65% chance of rain.  Turney Ford has a nice stand of bermuda that should hold up well, but IF things get sloppy who does it favor, if either team at all?

Unfortunately I think it favors Gordy as they run more down hill with their qb power and counter. We tend to want to hit the edges more putting a lot of stress on backs to not fall during their cuts.

8 hours ago, Jimmycroc said:

Unfortunately I think it favors Gordy as they run more down hill with their qb power and counter. We tend to want to hit the edges more putting a lot of stress on backs to not fall during their cuts.

Don’t forget about 28 though, he’s usually ran in a limited capacity, but if the Dawgs decide to ride him, he can run downhill between and off of the tackles as good or better than most.  On top of that 11 was finally back last week and had those two carries, one for TD, one for loss but it took 4 dragons to do it.  Not sure how much 11 will be used offensively but the Black and Gold have the two most physical ball carriers in this game with 28 and 11.  If 57 is back on the O-line this week I think for once the Dawgs can win the line of scrimmage against the Tigers.  At the end of the day which ever team with the least turnovers and that wins in the trenches will win the game, almost always a true statement.

30 minutes ago, Boarhog said:

Don’t forget about 28 though, he’s usually ran in a limited capacity, but if the Dawgs decide to ride him, he can run downhill between and off of the tackles as good or better than most.  On top of that 11 was finally back last week and had those two carries, one for TD, one for loss but it took 4 dragons to do it.  Not sure how much 11 will be used offensively but the Black and Gold have the two most physical ball carriers in this game with 28 and 11.  If 57 is back on the O-line this week I think for once the Dawgs can win the line of scrimmage against the Tigers.  At the end of the day which ever team with the least turnovers and that wins in the trenches will win the game, almost always a true statement.

Oh I have complete faith in 28 and 11, when asked about possible sloppy conditions I feel Gordonsville has a more downhill mentality than us. Those two can get it done and are very good at it, however our identity is not downhill but edge and speed. So as for who has the advantage in sloppy conditions I believe it goes back to Gordonsville, because it fits more of their identity this season. I agree whoever wins the trenches has a huge advantage and will most likely win the game. That is why 61, 54, 57, and 60 really need to be stout up front on offense and at least make the Gordonsville DL work to disrupt anything in our backfield. Also we need 6,33,54,57, and if possible 52. To really get their motors running and bottle the Gordonsville QB up and make him throw into the teeth of our defense. When they send 40 this week he has to get home because I have watched first hand what the Gordonsville QB can do if he gets lose. I still believe we can beat this bunch but it is an uphill climb.

19 hours ago, Boarhog said:

If the current forecast for Gordonsville during game hours holds true there’s around a 65% chance of rain.  Turney Ford has a nice stand of bermuda that should hold up well, but IF things get sloppy who does it favor, if either team at all?

Now don’t your be doing no rain dances! Our little slow fellers might completely sink if they get in the mud cause they ain’t strong enough to get out!  

26 minutes ago, MainStreetBengal said:

Now don’t your be doing no rain dances! Our little slow fellers might completely sink if they get in the mud cause they ain’t strong enough to get out!  

Nothing weak about this bunch of Tigers.  It is nice that y’all a driving an F150 instead of an F350 dually for once though.  Y’all just seem a little smaller across the board than usual, but my eyes could be deceiving me.

3 minutes ago, Boarhog said:

Nothing weak about this bunch of Tigers.  It is nice that y’all a driving an F150 instead of an F350 dually for once though.  Y’all just seem a little smaller across the board than usual, but my eyes could be deceiving me.

You best get you some spectacles! Its a Ranger at best!

Edited by MainStreetBengal