Portland visits Henry County

olddevil

Should be a good game. the fact the game is at HC plays a big role i think. I still don’t know how good P-Town really is. They upset SC, who beat MJ, but then got slaughtered by Springfield. Both teams whooped NW, and won a close game against NE. Portlands defense played much better against NE, while HC’s played better against Springfield. Basically, this game is probably a toss up, it’s anyones guess as to who wins. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Should be a good game. the fact the game is at HC plays a big role i think. I still don’t know how good P-Town really is. They upset SC, who beat MJ, but then got slaughtered by Springfield. Both teams whooped NW, and won a close game against NE. Portlands defense played much better against NE, while HC’s played better against Springfield. Basically, this game is probably a toss up, it’s anyones guess as to who wins. 

I wouldn't call the Springfield game a slaughter, the score is deceiving. Portland lead 14-13 going into the 4th. Springfield just scored 21 points in the 4th to take the win, 6 coming off of a pick 6 and another 6 coming off a botched punt attempt to give Springfield short field. Now with that said, if Henry County can score like they did against NE and there defense wakes up they should win. Don’t sleep on Portland though give them an opportunity and they will jump on you, their wing backs/RB’s run north and south and run hard. Gotta play discipline assignment football on defense.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Don’t sleep on Portland. Their backs are swift. It was a closer game with us than the score showed.  We were down 14 to 13 at the start of the 4th before scoring 3 TDs in the final frame 

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, olddevil said:

It appears that "the unhappiest man in Paris " got our last thread  taken down. Thank you Coach T. The new posters only said what many are thinking and was  long overdue. Now, onto Portland and whatever future holds for our Patriots.

GO BIG RED

GO BIG RED

DONT sleep on them my friend.  You will see some option football next week

• Upvote 2

Game could go either depending on who plays better, makes less mistakes, etc. Here is a little useless info...in 4 common region games Portland average score is 30-27. Henry Co average score is 36-16. Portland run defense appears to be a weakness. HC has a better balanced offense and Portland is much better running than passing. 

I predict 31-20 Patriots at home

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

If you had something to say you should have said it. I just tell it like it is and I guess some people get offended by that. Oh well. If people don't think we have been the laughing stock in the state something is wrong. We beat a down NE team by 4 points. That's crazy to me. Good luck against Portland, we'll need it!!

I knew this one this be close.  Clarksville NE has some players.  The poster that predicted the 56-0 HC win was a little off course.  Portland will be a tough match up as well

HC i understand the frustrations, i do. Yeah y’all under achieved but being negative isn’t the way to go. Those players yall have they might know it but they see this stuff. And it’s degrading to them mentality if the communities support falls. Y’all are having a down year period, and to be in the position y’all are in, is actually good. Yes your 4-5…. Your loses have come against teams that have either won state the last 4 years, or made it there. Y’all are 3-1 in the region! You win your at home! Keep playing!