Union City at Huntingdon

footballover

3 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Running clock 2nd half. Huntingdon runs wild. UC takes 3 seed heading into playoffs

Think Huntingdon wins by 2-3 TD’s. Union City like Huntingdon can chew up some yards and clock if their offense clicks a little. Union City always dangerous and hard to guage because they have played a backup Freshman at QB this year at times.

If this was week 2 I would think this game would make me very nervous and I would say the score would be within 1 touchdown of each other.

it’s not. It’s the end of the regular season and I think nobody wants to see Huntingdon right now.. we are firing on all cylinders.

I have great respect for the Union city program but I just don’t see this being close. 

running clock in 2nd half 

huntingdon 51

Union city - 14

Well I haven't been to as many games as usual this year since my son graduated, but I know like swo said that the UC team I saw Friday night was not the same UC team I saw early in the year. They have matured well. Now the fact that y'all beat Peabody says A LOT because I know for sure who and what they are. So, on paper I would have to give the Stangs the advantage. But these are high school kids and the games aren't played on paper. What I do know is this bunch has one trait that you can always expect from a Tornado team. That is they are going to come ready to play, they are going to hit hard and hustle hard, and they ain't gonna quit till the final horn blows. That doesn't mean we're gonna win the game, but that means you're gonna know you were in a game. Should be a fun one. Good luck to all and just like an earlier poster said hope it will be an injury free game so both these teams can be full strength going into playoffs.

I agree on paper the Mustangs should win. On any given Friday night the confident can be punched in the mouth and take the L. The kids will decide the game for sure but if some of the cocky mustang fans think we will just roll over at lose then you are sadly mistaken. We will fight till the end and will hit you with everything we have. Our kids are humble and give it there all. They know what’s on the line and will be ready for a war.

8 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

I agree on paper the Mustangs should win. On any given Friday night the confident can be punched in the mouth and take the L. The kids will decide the game for sure but if some of the cocky mustang fans think we will just roll over at lose then you are sadly mistaken. We will fight till the end and will hit you with everything we have. Our kids are humble and give it there all. They know what’s on the line and will be ready for a war.

All of these predictions are not coming from Mustang posters. But you can have as much confidence in your team as these posters have in the Mustangs. And post the tornadoes are going to win with a running clock and nobody is going to call you cocky. Haven’t seen where anyone has said UC was going to roll over and give it to the Mustangs. 

Edited by horse
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

I haven’t seen a single Mustang fan boast or be cocky. I know that UC will bring it and I’ve never seen a UC team lay down. This will be hard fought on both sides.