Morristown East at William Blount

OrangePylon

1 hour ago, OrangePylon said:

As hard as I and others have been on Shad this year, I will say there are not an abundant amount of other football coaches who are a better man than Shad off the field… he is a great family man and it just stinks that he hasn’t been able to have any success at all here at WB

I have met many great men in the coaching field and I'm sure your right about Shad. I know others I respect that think the world of him. WB may be the hardest nut Shad has ever tried to crack and I'm sure he knows it as well or he wouldn't have applied for other jobs while at WB over the years. Guess I've been around Maryville so long I can see a few tweaks here and a few there that could be the difference between 1-9 and 7-3. I say that because WB does have the players offensively to follow that system and do well.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I have met many great men in the coaching field and I'm sure your right about Shad. I know others I respect that think the world of him. WB may be the hardest nut Shad has ever tried to crack and I'm sure he knows it as well or he wouldn't have applied for other jobs while at WB over the years. Guess I've been around Maryville so long I can see a few tweaks here and a few there that could be the difference between 1-9 and 7-3. I say that because WB does have the players offensively to follow that system and do well.

You are right Barney

2 hours ago, strongx said:

While watching the stream of the 2nd half last night, the announcers said something about a bunch of the seniors watching instead of playing.

What did that mean?

No hidden meaning unless they meant the following:

At least 4 seniors were on the bench with injuries at the end of the game. 2 started on the bench with injuries. 1 has been a starter for 30 plus games in a row. Never missed a practice or game.

It also meant at least 3 multi year all region players were on the bench with injuries. 2 of them were 2 way starters and on special teams. All 3 of them were captains and all 3 will be playing on Saturdays next year.

Say all you want about all the other losses this past year, but in my opinion, WB takes the win if they were playing. It was a real blow to have them out of this game.

You were missing your starting TE and best blocking back, your best offensive lineman, your leading tackler for the last 3 years, and your long snapper.

It kind of hurt a bit.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CrossStateTraveler said:

At least 4 seniors were on the bench with injuries at the end of the game. 2 started on the bench with injuries. 1 has been a starter for 30 plus games in a row. Never missed a practice or game.

It also meant at least 3 multi year all region players were on the bench with injuries. 2 of them were 2 way starters and on special teams. All 3 of them were captains and all 3 will be playing on Saturdays next year.

Say all you want about all the other losses this past year, but in my opinion, WB takes the win if they were playing. It was a real blow to have them out of this game.

You were missing your starting TE and best blocking back, your best offensive lineman, your leading tackler for the last 3 years, and your long snapper.

It kind of hurt a bit.

Alot to overcome!

1 hour ago, CrossStateTraveler said:

It kind of hurt a bit.

Sounds like you know a lot about this program, almost like you are a coach or  very close to the program. :popcorneater:

1 hour ago, CrossStateTraveler said:

It kind of hurt a bit.

Thx. They didn’t elaborate. Injuries are a terrible part of it. I hate it for those seniors.

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Careful there, they'll read this and be dancing in the halls down there next Monday. 3 and 7 at the worst should have been the record this year. These last two games of the year were against two of the worst 6 A teams in East Tennessee besides Heritage. Time for new direction before this thing plunges into the same hole Heritage is in and will never get out. If Heritage were a person it would resemble a diabetic in the worst case possible. If WB were a person it's doctor would say you have actually crossed the line but with some major turn around in your diet this may be your last chance before you end up like your brother, poor ole Heritage. 

Your last 2 games were against bad teams. I was surprised at those outcomes. But WB has been on of the worst programs in 6A themselves. 95% of 6A teams see WB on the schedule and mark W

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CrossStateTraveler said:

My kid was one of the ones out with an injury. They are all pretty good friends off the field.

Definitely not a coach.

Sad thing is injuries are apart of the game. When I played injuries wiped out close to half the opening day starting lineup  to what it was the very last game played in the playoffs losing to a team we had actually beat in regular season and lost in overtime in the finals only to watch that team win the state the following week in a runaway game so I know the pain.

33 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Sad thing is injuries are apart of the game. When I played injuries wiped out close to half the opening day starting lineup  to what it was the very last game played in the playoffs losing to a team we had actually beat in regular season and lost in overtime in the finals only to watch that team win the state the following week in a runaway game so I know the pain.

yeah Barney , them old leather helmets didnt provide much protection. Guess thats why we see you old guys walking around town muttering to themsleves and wearing diapers !!!:mrgreen:

• CoachT locked this topic