Haywood vs Obion week 11

Kruger77

It’s crazy that the end of the regular season is here! These seniors have a varsity record of 31 wins and 7 losses. We appreciate it them so much! With a win, this would be Haywood’s first undefeated regular season in 26 years dating back to the 14-1 team of 94-95. The goal is to get to chatt and WIN IT. Let’s go Tomcats! 

i like Haywood by as many as we want!

• Like 1

Haywood leads the series with Obion Central 16-1.  Obion's lone victory over Haywood came in 2011 when the Rebels defeated the Tomcats 56-6. I know  that I've mentioned this in previous years, but current Haywood Coach, Chris Smith, was the offensive coordinator at Obion during the 2011 season.  

Obion and Haywood did not play each other last year due to Covid.

Last week, the Rebels upset the 9th ranked (1A) Dresden Lions by a score of 27-20.  The 4th ranked (4A) Haywood Tomcats defeated the 5th ranked (3A) Covington Chargers 33-0.

Since this is a region 7-4A game, the two teams share several common opponents.  Haywood defeated North Side 56-18 while Obion lost to the Indians 14-28.  Haywood defeated Crockett County 48-14,  while Obion defeated the Cavaliers 20-19.  The Tomcats defeated Milan 40-7, while the Rebels lost to the Bulldogs 7-34.  The Tomcats defeated South Gibson 28-0, while the Rebels lost to the Hornets 20-45.

Haywood is averaging 41 ppg while giving up 7.  Obion is averaging 17 ppg while giving up 28.

Haywood should win this game!

Edited by stacmot

50 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Haywood leads the series with Obion Central 16-1.  Obion's lone victory over Haywood came in 2011 when the Rebels defeated the Tomcats 56-6. I know  that I've mentioned this in previous years, but current Haywood Coach, Chris Smith, was the offensive coordinator at Obion during the 2011 season.  

Obion and Haywood did not play each other last year due to Covid.

Last week, the Rebels upset the 9th ranked (1A) Dresden Lions by a score of 27-20.  The 4th ranked (4A) Haywood Tomcats defeated the 5th ranked (3A) Covington Chargers 33-0.

Since this is a region 7-4A game.  The two teams share several common opponents.  Haywood defeated North Side 56-18 while Obion lost to the Indians 14-28.  Haywood defeated Crockett County 48-14,  while Obion defeated the Cavaliers 20-19.  The Tomcats defeated Milan 40-7, while the Rebels lost to the Bulldogs 7-34.  The Tomcats defeated South Gibson 28-0, while the Rebels lost to the Hornets 20-45.

Haywood is averaging 41 ppg while giving up 7.  Obion is averaging 17 ppg while giving up 28.

Haywood should win this game!

I figure the way y’all are rolling right now, I could see y’all pouring it on for about 2qtrs and getting some 2nd team some playing time. I wouldn’t want my starters playing no more than I had to, with the playoffs starting the following week. 

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

I figure the way y’all are rolling right now, I could see y’all pouring it on for about 2qtrs and getting some 2nd team some playing time. I wouldn’t want my starters playing no more than I had to, with the playoffs starting the following week. 

I agree.

My first trip to Haywood since I played there last in 2002 was last Friday night. Great atmosphere and great support for their team. Covington never stood a chance. If Haywood keeps up the momentum and stays healthy, they have a good chance at getting a gold ball, especially with Springfield in 5A now

3 hours ago, TrojanLC said:

My first trip to Haywood since I played there last in 2002 was last Friday night. Great atmosphere and great support for their team. Covington never stood a chance. If Haywood keeps up the momentum and stays healthy, they have a good chance at getting a gold ball, especially with Springfield in 5A now

I agree. They stand a better chance now than any other year that I can remember. There is something different about this team that I just can not pin down. They are always very talented, recently they have had great coaching, and the community gets out to support them and cheer them on. They seem to have cleared up the dumb penalties that used to haunt them. I can think of several games where players made just bone headed or stupid decisions that ultimately cost them games. They seem to have cleaned up a lot of that. It is not just the penalties.... Can't peg it.