#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

This is the game all season has been pointing at, and both teams held up their end to get where we are today.  Both undefeated, both looking for deep playoff runs.  Meigs boasts a great run defense, Marion wants to run the ball.  It's really that simple, if Meigs stops the run, they win.  If they can't slow it down it will be a long night for the Tigers.  The two questions coming in to the season for the Warriors was could they improve enough defensively to be a contender, and could they throw the ball.  So far the second year dc for the Warriors has done a great job, only giving up 38 points on the year.  Throwing is still a work in progress but the offense is just better with Hutchins at qb.  I say this is a low scoring game, first one to 21 wins?  Meigs will be well prepared to stop what we do having two weeks to prepare.  Can they stop it?  This game may come down to penalties and turnovers.  Normally Marion doesn't have much of either.

• Like 1

I just think Marion Co is hitting there stride and the stable of RB's is tremendous. You have 4 guys in there that can take it to the house on any play and that line is one of the best I've seen since the KC and The Sunshine Days.  I know Meigs is a different animal all together, but I see Marion Co taking over this game and winning by 7-14. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sportman said:

I just think Marion Co is hitting there stride and the stable of RB's is tremendous. You have 4 guys in there that can take it to the house on any play and that line is one of the best I've seen since the KC and The Sunshine Days.  I know Meigs is a different animal all together, but I see Marion Co taking over this game and winning by 7-14. 

The line has been impressive even after losing one of our top linemen to injury in the preseason. They have a nasty streak finally and I agree, one of the best lines we have had in a long time.  Just think if we still ran the split back veer.  Whoever loses this game might be in better shape depending on what happens with tc and h2o.  Second round the champ more than likely gets tyner again if they can get by the #2 seed.

11 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

The line has been impressive even after losing one of our top linemen to injury in the preseason. They have a nasty streak finally and I agree, one of the best lines we have had in a long time.  Just think if we still ran the split back veer.  Whoever loses this game might be in better shape depending on what happens with tc and h2o.  Second round the champ more than likely gets tyner again if they can get by the #2 seed.

I'm a observer of a lot in our area, from Whitwell, Jasper and SP. What I have seen is your lineman have grown up to work hard and be able to be at the point they are now. At first when I saw them as early player's I was like, there going to be so so, but I congratulate the coaching staff for instilling that fire in them to work hard and get better. That's what I like to see coaches do, not always the super athletic God given talented guys that don't need ton's of coaching, but when you see some guy's that have to work very hard to get to that point, well it's a compliment to those players for having the drive to get better and for the coaches believing in them. Believe me, I've seen alot of wasted talent stand on the sidelines thru this valley because some coaches told player's they just don't have it and never gave them a chance. I'll take hard work any day. 

• Upvote 1

I think this will be a great game. Meigs comes in to the game as the top scoring 2A team in the state averaging 45.4 points a game. Marion comes in to the game as the best defense in 2A only allowing 4.8 points a game followed by Meigs only allowing 6.1 points a game. And I would say most of the points scored on both teams came after the starters were out.  That place will be rocking Friday night, Marion will have a big crowd and Meigs will bring a big crowd as well.

I will admit that at the start of the year I honestly didn't think we could beat meigs County.  As the season has went on I do think we can beat them If we play as we are capable.  That's not because I have seen meigs play either, because I haven't, but it is a testament to this team and staff for improving so much.  Gonna be a great game friday.