#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

22 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Happens to the best of us. We didn't match upnwell with Tyner and they were just a great team. We were fortunate enough to come out with a win in that game but also only played one good half of football that game. It is what it is.

I wouldn't say we played one good half of football at all. I would say our Defense played pretty solid minus couple big pass plays second half. 

Our offense had the one long trick play. Besides that I don't believe we got a first down other than the one to run the clock out. The other TD we got was because our punter  dropped one down near the goal line then the D stood up. After that the same All-State punter returned their punt in red zone and got hit out of bounds. We started the drive on the 5 yard line to push that score in. The offense didn't do anything against Tyner the entire game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

Happens to the best of us. We didn't match upnwell with Tyner and they were just a great team. We were fortunate enough to come out with a win in that game but also only played one good half of football that game. It is what it is.

But if you think about it Marion only had a 10-0 lead in the forth and Tyner took it down to the two yard line, but Marion hailed them.and took control after that.  Meigs executed poorly the first half and played better the second half. So I really don’t think you can compare those two games.

6 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

But if you think about it Marion only had a 10-0 lead in the forth and Tyner took it down to the two yard line, but Marion hailed them.and took control after that.  Meigs executed poorly the first half and played better the second half. So I really don’t think you can compare those two games.

Shoot you may just have to play the game, Looks like a GREAT game to me.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

It's hard to compare scores because matchups are so different. Marion was able to tackle in space on those quick outs better than Meigs did.

If I'm not mistaken it was 10-0 and the first drive of the second half Tyner drove down and had a 1st & goal and held them. Took over after that stop and went up 16-0. Had an int in the 4th and scored a few plays later to make it 23-0.

Edited by PurplePower68

30 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

It's hard to compare scores because matchups are so different. Marion was able to tackle in space on those quick outs better than Meigs did.

If I'm not mistaken it was 10-0 and the first drive of the second half Tyner drove down and had a 1st & goal and held them. Took over after that stop and went up 16-0. Had an int in the 4th and scored a few plays later to make it 23-0.

Tyner will be a tough out,2 seed in region 4 is not getting a gift by any means. Matchups are a Hugh thing and not many are gonna match up very well with them.

15 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I wouldn't say we played one good half of football at all. I would say our Defense played pretty solid minus couple big pass plays second half. 

Our offense had the one long trick play. Besides that I don't believe we got a first down other than the one to run the clock out. The other TD we got was because our punter  dropped one down near the goal line then the D stood up. After that the same All-State punter returned their punt in red zone and got hit out of bounds. We started the drive on the 5 yard line to push that score in. The offense didn't do anything against Tyner the entire game. 

Nice Post. 

15 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

How are the Tigers injury wise?  I think the Warriors just have a few nagging injuries but are pretty close to 100%.