#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

15 minutes ago, WARRIORMOM52 said:

Marion by 14... These boys from MARION have heart and give 150% each and every game... They have earned there spot and they'll prove it friday night!!! Its there time to shine and bring back the tradition of greatness in this county!

You can only give 100%. I'm not sure they gave150% against Polk or Tellico. Maybe they did. I know from experience it's hard to get up for every game and every opponent. I should not have said that. Give me some analysis of how they are going to bring that pride and tradition back to Jasper.

I like Marion County's chances at home. If you look at the overall body of work or just simply watched the film I would have to say Marion might be the overall better team. 

This group of seniors at Meigs however has felt defeat in the last two state championship games and they know how important this game is. 

Meigs is bringing one of the best offenses and defenses to Marion County Friday night. 

Across all divisions Meigs is the only team in the State to have a team ranked in the top 5 in both offense (45.4) and defense (6.1).

That is 5th in offense and 4th in defense.  

Marion is 4th in Defense.  You got us there. But your not top 25 in offense.  

We are not going into strength of schedule or polls. 

It should be a great game.

Both teams are going to give it their all 100% they got Friday night.

I'm not going to be surprised with  whichever team it is that comes away with the victory 

16 minutes ago, WARRIORMOM52 said:

My son is Marion's starting center and we've been looking forward to this game all year... We will see who prevails Friday night,  but weve also got an 80% chance of rain coming this way also which could shake things up!!! Lets GO WARRIORS! #52

Meigs loving playing in the rain. I dont know about Marion. I've watched film on him. He is very talented and has great motor. He also shows good sportsmanship. 

Looks like a great kid

I was messing about that 150 %

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tiger2 said:

Meigs loving playing in the rain. I dont know about Marion. I've watched film on him. He is very talented and has great motor. He also shows good sportsmanship. 

Looks like a great kid

I was messing about that 150 %

He is a great kid... Super smart and bleeds purple and white... dedicated on and off the field! Im def. a proud mama and im probably the loudest mama in the stands... Even with a slander word or two... Thats mainly when the refs cant seem to call a fair game!!!! But good luck to both teams, and hopeful for them WARRIORS to prevail! Lets go MC

26 minutes ago, WARRIORMOM52 said:

He is a great kid... Super smart and bleeds purple and white... dedicated on and off the field! Im def. a proud mama and im probably the loudest mama in the stands... Even with a slander word or two... Thats mainly when the refs cant seem to call a fair game!!!! But good luck to both teams, and hopeful for them WARRIORS to prevail! Lets go MC

You should be. They have had a great season going. It's good to see a parent that has so much passion and loves to give it to the ref's. I kind of get disgruntled when fans get angered at the other team or players or making excuses. There is a lot of bad calls, non calls, missed calls and just overlooked calls because of game situations, misplacement, judgement or just plain old bias so I say give it to the Refs all you want. But when teams are out there giving There all and fighting you got to cheer on both sides.

Meigs and Tyner put on a show. You could see it playing out the way it did the entire second half with the coaching call 2 point plays for Meigs to Meigs not being able to convert any first downs to run the clock at all second half to the eventual final drive whereTyner had to score and they did to make it 18 to 19. Then you knew they were going for two and overthrew it out of the endzone. Some fans on both sides were upset of course with some calls and the refs were even confused on a couple plays. 

There was one trick play where Meigs gained about 25 yards or so to get a first down. The ref's spotted the ball. The Ref's had the chains moved, then they blowed whistle start clock then Meigs and Tyner ran to line up and Tyners coach ran on the field saying Meigs couldn't do that trick play or whatever it was. Then the ref's got together and said do any of you guys know what just happened. 

The one ref. said I got no clue the ten guys was standing over there on that one side then that one guy number 2 for Meigs walked all way over to where the ball was spotted. He bent down said down set hut and took the heck off. None of the Tyner guys knew what was going on.

The other ref. said that's what I saw. I didn't know what was going on so I took off running with him to spot it. 

The back guy said we set it down and blowed the whistle for ball in play to start  but Meigs just stayed over near sideline. Tyner was just standing around.

Head ref. says what are we going to do. We already done moved chains. Blowed these here whistles. Said it was good.

Other guy says we'll what did that other coach say.

This is where I'm guessing but I'm assuming that Tyner's coach told them the person who took the ball and run didn't get completely get set or the ten guys over there by themselves was illegal. Heck I don't think no one still knows cause they didn't really say. Just moved ball and got a penalty and another penalty for something else and it was 3rd and like 30 after that which gave ball back to Tyner for that final drive.

So you can give it to ref's but kids from both sides deserve all love we can give them. Tyner should be proud. I thougt they outplayed us that night.

Meigs County's fans and the ref's don't have good history. 

They don't seem to like our coach much either. He loves to get all over them. He haresses them a lot but it's well deserved. 

We seem to get a lot of calls against us because we are either beating teams too bad or they think we just can't be gaining that many yards every play so it's got to be holding. Coach Fitz don't back down though. He let's them Ref's have it. 

6 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

You can only give 100%. I'm not sure they gave150% against Polk or Tellico. Maybe they did. I know from experience it's hard to get up for every game and every opponent. I should not have said that. Give me some analysis of how they are going to bring that pride and tradition back to Jasper.

I like Marion County's chances at home. If you look at the overall body of work or just simply watched the film I would have to say Marion might be the overall better team. 

This group of seniors at Meigs however has felt defeat in the last two state championship games and they know how important this game is. 

Meigs is bringing one of the best offenses and defenses to Marion County Friday night. 

Across all divisions Meigs is the only team in the State to have a team ranked in the top 5 in both offense (45.4) and defense (6.1).

That is 5th in offense and 4th in defense.  

Marion is 4th in Defense.  You got us there. But your not top 25 in offense.  

We are not going into strength of schedule or polls. 

It should be a great game.

Both teams are going to give it their all 100% they got Friday night.

I'm not going to be surprised with  whichever team it is that comes away with the victory 

I want some of what they feed them boys before the game if they give 150% that's like 50% more than most can give!:shock:

11 hours ago, FactSpitter said:

As long as Marion's line plays like they have been then they should be good in this one. I am excited to see this one as it should be a good game. I personally think with the right blocks and Marion's speed a lot of people are going to be surprised.

It won't be a surprise as to what Marion Co. is capable of according to Meigs' coaches. They know of Marion's abilities and will have the Tigers prepared the best they can - hoping to upset Marion.  A loss for either team won't end their season. It's a tough gauntlet to make it to the championship game, so you take it a game at a time to play for another day. Games like this is what it's all about!

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

It won't be a surprise as to what Marion Co. is capable of according to Meigs' coaches. They know of Marion's abilities and will have the Tigers prepared the best they can - hoping to upset Marion.  A loss for either team won't end their season. It's a tough gauntlet to make it to the championship game, so you take it a game at a time to play for another day. Games like this is what it's all about!

I agree, as a fan when you are going to a game that you know will be competitive it's always a more pleasurable experience. That being said I have faith in our boys. I pick Meigs 21-14. Im.pretty sure whoever scores 21 or + wins this game. 

5 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I agree, as a fan when you are going to a game that you know will be competitive it's always a more pleasurable experience. That being said I have faith in our boys. I pick Meigs 21-14. Im.pretty sure whoever scores 21 or + wins this game. 

You gotta give the edge to Meigs if your HC wears those pants.