#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

15 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Dropping that TD didn't help but Taye getting hurt absolutely killed us. I'll have to disagree about looking good. That's the worst performance I've seen out of them all year. Meigs had a lot to do with it, but when your offense runs through the one player you can't afford to get hurt it changes a lot.

You guys played a lot better than that Tyner game. The qb was on a different level tonight. 

Hope Taye is okay going forward. Great kid and great player. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

Dropping that TD didn't help but Taye getting hurt absolutely killed us. I'll have to disagree about looking good. That's the worst performance I've seen out of them all year. Meigs had a lot to do with it, but when your offense runs through the one player you can't afford to get hurt it changes a lot.

You guys played a lot better than that Tyner game. The qb was on a different level tonight. 

Thanks man. Logan is a Mr Football type player in all honesty. We just don't use him enough considering all the athletes we have to get him the recognition he deserves. We are loaded with talent and spread the ball out alot to our guys.

37 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I thought it would be closer myself. Marion missed an easy TD in first quarter receiver just dropped and that QB about got loose on two plays and got tripped up with one man to beat.

Marion looked good. Meigs mixed up enough passing and just pounded it and wanted it more. They fought for every inch and Ben and Logan were amazing tonight. 

It could have been closer and I think if we play them or Tyner it could be different outcomes. 

I think we could win by more against Tyner or get beat and same for Marion.

Good thing is Marion played as bad as possible, bad thing is with the injury it is like the tn offense post Josh Dobbs...... .

15 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Thanks man. Logan is a Mr Football type player in all honesty. We just don't use him enough considering all the athletes we have to get him the recognition he deserves. We are loaded with talent and spread the ball out alot to our guys.

He is an amazing athlete and kid. I feel he is overused rather than not using him enough. Up 20 to 0 in the 4th under 10 minutes to go just running the ball knowing we are probably running the ball to run clock and punt its unnecessary for him to get several extra carries when Ben and Key or another back could get those carries. Some of those carries was on like 2nd and 20 or 3rd and 15. He took some big hits.

I know they trust him with the ball to make good decisions and not cough it up but it took some big hits late in that game.

Yeti your right. He is a great athlete.

I believe he had 1 game this year with around 6 or 7 total TD's

About 200 passing and rushing that night I think

2 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Congratulations to Meigs! Old Pirate says nothing better than a team suited in Q&B earhole them Jasper fellers!  Figure jest seeing O&B across the line most likely brought back many bad memories. YepReconSo 

Old pirate I garuntee their was a intimidation factor when jailhouse high seen the Orange and black on the other sideline.  Figured previous ear holing started coming to mind.  Congrats to that Fitzgerald man and @Yeti man.  You think im joking but im not.

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Good thing is Marion played as bad as possible, bad thing is with the injury it is like the tn offense post Josh Dobbs...... .

And the Tyner game everyone wanted to reference was the worst performance of Meigs Season. Like I said we didn’t do much other than Logan running it. We were in fall break that’s always our worst week of the season. Tonight we were back in normal routine, came in played Meigs Co football and walked away with a win. Condra has been a stud for Marion this season also it hasn’t been a Taye only show. You have a solid team, playing from behind in that offense if extremely difficult and it proved that tonight. Momentum seemed to stay with meigs for the majority of the game. I was def shocked at how the game attendance was, there was as much noise and right around the same amount of fans from both teams. Home field advantage was not something Marion took advantage of surprisingly 

4 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Got beat in all parts of the game.  Coaching, line got whipped, special teams.  Congrats.   

Now lying lips we all knowd you and sportsman is the best arm chair coaches in the valley.  But you told me you got some boys on the line that can play in the SEC.  What kind of mess is this?