#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

Arguably Meigs most impressive regular season win in the last 5 years. A road shut out at a very good Marion's field. The 5 year body of work they have put together is astounding. DEF the fave in the East now.  Congrats on a signature win. I was wrong and I will eat my crow this weekend, thank you. Every school has their "why." We have Micah. Seems like yesterday there was a horrible school bus accident that ripped thru the Meigs community. I'm sure the aftermath still affects close relatives. extended family, and friends. A win like last night's gives the entire program joy. All the players, their support systems, coaches, fans. Real happy for yall. 

Marion will be back. Great players and great fans. They will learn from this and be in the thick of it in a few weeks. Zero doubt.  They should have 2 rings in 2015/2016 from the cheaters in Memphis.  They have set the standard in a lot of ways over the last decade. Their fans really know their stuff and are humble. I saw a title contender in Jasper earlier this year, and Friday doesn't change that. It's one game. I sincerely hope your QB is ok.  

Two great programs and two great seasons. Congrats to both but extra kudos to Meigs for the victory. 

:thumb:

1 hour ago, oldfaithful said:

Had an uneasy feeling about this one when I woke up yesterday but decided to keep those thoughts to myself. Meigs played the game of football the way it was intended to be played. Line up, inflict physical punishment on the opponent from the first play and the score will take care of itself. Taye getting injured was at the worst time possible, but I still don't think we would have won that game last night if he is healthy. We got whipped on the line of scrimmage and that is where the ball game is won and lost. I stated after the Bledsoe game that the line was playing ok but we needed to see more of a mean streak in them. Have to agree with what Truth said, we got beat on the field and out coached. I'll leave it at that. 

As far as the playoffs are concerned, if it is a bad as it sounds about Taye, then I see a 2nd round exit. I don't think you can get to this point of the year and just flip a switch. Hope these boys prove me wrong. 

Wonder if pride will make an appearance 

Coach Fitz mentioned culture, standard of excellence 

2014 6-5 1st rd

2015 4-6 no playoffs

2016 10-2 2nd rd loss to Forrest

2017 12-1 quarterfinal loss to Rockwood (last home loss)

2018 13-1 semifinal loss to Trousdale 

2019 13-2 Finals loss to Peabody 

2020 14-1 Finals loss to Peabody

2021 9-0

thats culture that's a standard  but it's ALL of Meigs  Baseball, Softball, Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Volleyball, Boys Golf All to state tournament in last 7 years  Good coaches, Good Administration, Good players, Good Hometown Support  

Great is a word often confused with good, & good with average  At Meigs we're good close to great  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

Congrats to your team, Yeti!! They endured to the end and showed that the game is always played on the field and not on paper!!!

Thanks alot man. I know you guys got some payback in mind for next week for the last few years. I got. Feeling you are gonna shock some folks.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

What was injury to jasper QB?  When did he leave the game?

He stayed in the game but was a non threat.  Ran the ball two times, and that definitely wasn't by design. Tough luck for the kid.  He has never been injured and has had some nagging things this year.  I hate it for the seniors as well, great group of kids.

1 minute ago, DealLawyer said:

What was injury to jasper QB?  When did he leave the game?

I’m not sure. What I’m hearing is he got hurt on the 2nd play of the game when he ran the ball and slipped. You honestly could not tell he was hurt but you wondered why he wasn’t running it. They came out throwing on the 1st play and several other times early which was not typical for them. He played until late in the 4th quarter. 

1 minute ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

He stayed in the game but was a non threat.  Ran the ball two times, and that definitely wasn't by design. Tough luck for the kid.  He has never been injured and has had some nagging things this year.  I hate it for the seniors as well, great group of kids.

Hate that he wasn’t 100% the whole game. You honestly couldn’t tell he was hurt coming on and off the field he looked fine. 
i will give a big shout out to both teams, great sportsmanship helping each other up late in the game. Not a normal site in sports these days. Great kids on both teams 

1 hour ago, BigFoot423 said:

Hate that he wasn’t 100% the whole game. You honestly couldn’t tell he was hurt coming on and off the field he looked fine. 
i will give a big shout out to both teams, great sportsmanship helping each other up late in the game. Not a normal site in sports these days. Great kids on both teams 

Which is why I had asked if he was really hurt in our thread. He just didn't look hurt when on the field.

• Upvote 1

We both compared stats of a previous game so here's the stats for this one. I was impressed most with how many times we punted and that we passed the ball more than normal. I knew we were a great passing team we just don't do it alot. It really got us out of some tight spots and we're extremely hard to defend when we are able to do both.

Top-Ranke.thumb.jpg.fd64c65e4d79507e4933e3e5d5222961.jpg

5 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I'm with you Roy. I didn't see it. Maybe they was talking about SAA or SAC division 3 Roy.

Just messing around Warriors.

Throwing OLE Roy a bone.

I know we have had some great lineman at Meigs last couple of years. But that's 2A football. Best any of our guys have done as far as I know is University of Cumberlands or junior college.

SEC football caliber lineman however. That's a stretch. I don't believe we at Meigs will have a lineman play college ball and we dominated the LOS tonight.

Tiger I garuntee them jailhouse fellars is known for wearing rose colored glasses.  You think im joking but im not.