#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

3 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Wonder if pride will make an appearance 

You know Truth, I try to keep everybody civil and keep our forums somewhat informative without all the bickering but I'm just going to sit back with Lane and "get my popcorn ready" if they do. I would expect you probably have some things to discuss :popcorneater:

5 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I have never said we had sec caliber lineman, if you can show me where I said that I will apologize though.  The line was blown off the ball last night.

I didn't see it either. I was just messing with Roy. 

I thought the game was much closer than the score. 

I thought it was huge we didn't punch it in on that first drive and then you all hit us with a couple big runs for first down to get to midfield then that receiver just dropped that pass for wide open TD. There was no one around. If you all take the lead there near end of 1st quarter it could have been a different ballgame.

We just tripped up Taye a couple times also. I know one time he had green grass and no one in front of him.

8 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I'm with you Roy. I didn't see it. Maybe they was talking about SAA or SAC division 3 Roy.

Just messing around Warriors.

Throwing OLE Roy a bone.

I know we have had some great lineman at Meigs last couple of years. But that's 2A football. Best any of our guys have done as far as I know is University of Cumberlands or junior college.

SEC football caliber lineman however. That's a stretch. I don't believe we at Meigs will have a lineman play college ball and we dominated the LOS tonight.

Tiger2 don't ever doubt your guys just because we play 2A ball. Coach Pruitt has been around a long time and has a son that is pretty connected in college football. The days of big time college coaches coming to visit small towns have been long gone. Getting your kids to camps EARLY and OFTEN is key. Especially if you don't have the luxury of being a top 300 prospect in the nation. 

Collectively we've had a lot of kids get scholarships from the Valley but I think we've also had a lot of good ones slip through the cracks unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Oh I know. No worries man. You couldn't ask for a better leader. He's been a huge part of the offense for 4 yrs and I know he was amped up for that game. Not saying we would have won of he's healthy but it would have been a better game. It's kinda like when we played Hampton a few yrs ago in the semis. Their qb got hurt early and tried to play on but couldn't. He was a stud. We won the game handily but if he had stayed in it would've been tight. 

We'll know today the extent of his injury.

I think he is the heart and soul of the team. As he goes, so does the Warriors. Every team has one and Taye is that guy for us. Got my fingers crossed for good news. 

33 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Hats off to your coaching staff. I think they are hands down one of the top staffs in Tennessee. More times than not I would say Meigs wins the games against teams with equal or more talent than them. Does he seem content at Meigs or is it just a matter of time before he moves on? 

Also, I said all year long that Meigs are the favorite until proven other wise. And we didn't prove otherwise. I think a lot of "football pundits" just took a look at the Tyner score against us and you guys and decided it was Marion's game to lose. Maybe our team had a little bit of the big head from all the love they were getting coming into this game. 

Success starts at the very top. Marion County wasted A LOT of talent in the mid to late 2000s by not having the right person in place to make sports success a priority. It has to be a trickle down effect and you guys seem to have the stars aligned. It's hard to do while it's happening but soak it in as much as you can. Things can change quickly but I wish you guys all the success. 

They just built a house on the lake and he’s daughter is a sophomore she plays on the basketball team and is the starting pitcher for the softball team. So I would think he will be there for at least a few more years

40 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I didn't see it either. I was just messing with Roy. 

I thought the game was much closer than the score. 

I thought it was huge we didn't punch it in on that first drive and then you all hit us with a couple big runs for first down to get to midfield then that receiver just dropped that pass for wide open TD. There was no one around. If you all take the lead there near end of 1st quarter it could have been a different ballgame.

We just tripped up Taye a couple times also. I know one time he had green grass and no one in front of him.

I can agree and disagree.  We just couldn't get off the field on on 3rd and 4th down.  You also had a huge punt return that set up the first score maybe.  The awesome diving catch in 4th down in the end zone.  We were really dominated on the line, getting blown off the ball a lot.  Marion missed that pass, tae fell or got tripped up when he got hurt.  More importantly we had a ton of penalties also that we usually don't commit.  Could have been closer but could have been worse.  Good luck moving forward, I'm guessing yall will represent the east again.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

38 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Tiger2 don't ever doubt your guys just because we play 2A ball. Coach Pruitt has been around a long time and has a son that is pretty connected in college football. The days of big time college coaches coming to visit small towns have been long gone. Getting your kids to camps EARLY and OFTEN is key. Especially if you don't have the luxury of being a top 300 prospect in the nation. 

Collectively we've had a lot of kids get scholarships from the Valley but I think we've also had a lot of good ones slip through the cracks unfortunately. 

I am just not sure people knew what we had on the oline. We have continued to be blessed with talent that come up after seniors and they preform. 1 line was on an official visit to Clemson a few weeks ago. Has been in talks with UNC, Clemson and a few other schools look for him to sign in December or January somewhere bigger than people expect. He has the grades too so that helps a bunch. We have another who battled an injury to be back on the field the last 3 years and starting the last two. The 3 other lineman are sophomores and we have another sophomore that has the chance to be an absolute stud the next two years. 
We just didn’t get the love from anyone for our line play because it’s been something that’s been coming together all season. 

1 hour ago, BigFoot423 said:

I am just not sure people knew what we had on the oline. We have continued to be blessed with talent that come up after seniors and they preform. 1 line was on an official visit to Clemson a few weeks ago. Has been in talks with UNC, Clemson and a few other schools look for him to sign in December or January somewhere bigger than people expect. He has the grades too so that helps a bunch. We have another who battled an injury to be back on the field the last 3 years and starting the last two. The 3 other lineman are sophomores and we have another sophomore that has the chance to be an absolute stud the next two years. 
We just didn’t get the love from anyone for our line play because it’s been something that’s been coming together all season. 

Sounds like a solid overall kid. I expect Marion to make a deep run in the playoffs. I believe this loss will give them some fire

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I can agree and disagree.  We just couldn't get off the field on on 3rd and 4th down.  You also had a huge punt return that set up the first score maybe.  The awesome diving catch in 4th down in the end zone.  We were really dominated on the line, getting blown off the ball a lot.  Marion missed that pass, tae fell or got tripped up when he got hurt.  More importantly we had a ton of penalties also that we usually don't commit.  Could have been closer but could have been worse.  Good luck moving forward, I'm guessing yall will represent the east again.

I hope we get that chance to represent the Eat but playoff football is crazy. Weather, matchups, injuries. Peabody was down and out and all a team had to do was take a knee and screwed that up. 

I believe we might have had a couple championships if it were not for injuries or other circumstances the last 3 years but it happens to every team this time of year so you just got to deal with it.

If we run into a passing team we could be in trouble.  Let teams try to run it on us. It dont usually work out.

Throw it and you got a chance. Tyner almost got us. I hope we don't run into them again.

Edited by Tiger2

5 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

I think he is the heart and soul of the team. As he goes, so does the Warriors. Every team has one and Taye is that guy for us. Got my fingers crossed for good news. 

Marion’s qtrback Taye was just about to bust loose for a TD on the 2nd play of the game when he reaggravated his leg. He played in the game but wasn’t allowed to run anymore due to the treat of pulling his hamstring that he’s been dealing with since the start of the season. To my understanding he went to Erlanger Sports center this morning as was told he had previously been misdiagnosed that it wasn’t his hamstring this whole time but a calf sprain. Was told by the Dr that his hamstring isn’t in jeopardy and there’s no need to be afraid to run. With this news, I think he will be back this week better than before, knowing that it’s not his hamstring. This is great news for Marion and his teammates! 

20 minutes ago, WeAreMC said:

Marion’s qtrback Taye was just about to bust loose for a TD on the 2nd play of the game when he reaggravated his leg. He played in the game but wasn’t allowed to run anymore due to the treat of pulling his hamstring that he’s been dealing with since the start of the season. To my understanding he went to Erlanger Sports center this morning as was told he had previously been misdiagnosed that it wasn’t his hamstring this whole time but a calf sprain. Was told by the Dr that his hamstring isn’t in jeopardy and there’s no need to be afraid to run. With this news, I think he will be back this week better than before, knowing that it’s not his hamstring. This is great news for Marion and his teammates! 

I hope that is true and he wakes up next Friday feeling better than ever.  One of the all time greats at MC.  Fine young man and family.