#1 Meigs County @ #4 Marion County

On 10/23/2021 at 9:39 AM, sportman said:

I'm a observer of a lot in our area, from Whitwell, Jasper and SP. What I have seen is your lineman have grown up to work hard and be able to be at the point they are now. At first when I saw them as early player's I was like, there going to be so so, but I congratulate the coaching staff for instilling that fire in them to work hard and get better. That's what I like to see coaches do, not always the super athletic God given talented guys that don't need ton's of coaching, but when you see some guy's that have to work very hard to get to that point, well it's a compliment to those players for having the drive to get better and for the coaches believing in them. Believe me, I've seen alot of wasted talent stand on the sidelines thru this valley because some coaches told player's they just don't have it and never gave them a chance. I'll take hard work any day. 

Curious as to what game/team you will be attending Friday?  Marion or SP?

1 minute ago, pegleg said:

Curious as to what game/team you will be attending Friday?  Marion or SP?

Let's see,Pay 8 dollars and drive an hour or so and watch 1 quarter of a ball game or go 8 miles and watch a playoff type game?I know what your getting at lol.But Marion/Meigs would be a great game to watch,you guys are playing a team that's really struggling.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

I have heard a lot of pitt folks say they were coming up the road.  Why watch a beat down of epic proportion when you can catch a good game.

Id stay at home with Wendy before I pay anything to jailhouse high.  You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

21 hours ago, H2Oman said:

How big is the number 8 kid who plays QB??? He looks Jamarcus Russell back there.

Tyner's QB - Josh Jackson is 6-3 maybe 6-4 and is over 200 lbs.  If he got serious in the weight room and picked up a little speed and toughness over the summer - the kid could be a real force in TN 2A football.  He can sling it and has pretty good touch on the deep ball.  For first year in a spread offense and first year as starting QB - he is pretty good.  If he becomes more of a running threat and masters this offense with his reads on RPOs - with some of the backs and receivers Tyner will return - look out.

21 hours ago, Yeti said:

Appreciate the nod friend. This is the best team you have had since 17 and I'm not sure this team isn't better. I'd be surprised if you didn't make it to round 2.

Need to be at Tellico Friday night but wish I could see this game.  Yeti - I'm a pretty straight shooter - Marion is tough - and fast - I think you will need a break or two to go your way- but it very well could.  Good luck!

2 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

Need to be at Tellico Friday night but wish I could see this game.  Yeti - I'm a pretty straight shooter - Marion is tough - and fast - I think you will need a break or two to go your way- but it very well could.  Good luck!

I'd expect nothing less from you friend. I've given your team all the credit I felt they deserved which was alot lol. Meigs had a poor showing in the first half offensively compared to what we are capable of. You may very well be right and Marion may be too much for us and we may need a break to go our way to win it. I can assure you though the team is ready for this game and will fight till the end. Being the underdog only helps our cause . Wish you could come man. Next year I'll let you buy me a fish sammich :roflol:good luck to your Rams as well 

As a HC, Fitz has faced MC three times with a record of 1-2. His win came while at Hixson in 2012 with a come from behind dogfight that MC should have won to be honest, it was the Z Trains freshman year. Friday night could be his first W against the Warriors as THE MAN at Meigs. I think this one will be an absolute dandy. 

If we are fortunate enough to get a rematch in the playoffs, it will be hard for the Winner in the first game to pull it off again in the rematch. That is if the game plays out like we all think it will Friday night. It is very hard to beat a good team once, doing it twice is a very tall task. I would apply that to Tyner as well.