Central @ West

madhatter2269

This is going to be an interesting game.  

Central has made  steady improvement all year long.  West has been solid defensively, but has struggled to find an offensive identity.  

I am taking West, but only because they are at home. Wouldn't surprise me to see Central win, however.  

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

I'll go with Central, their offense is clicking (even w/ some bad play calling) and the defense is playing very well. In region play they are giving up just over 6 points a game. 

Regions 2 and 3 have both been surprisingly down this year, IMO.  Both only have a couple of legit teams, from what I have seen.   

I'm not sure what to expect in this one. I think Central has been lying in the weeds, but we've all had this game circled for weeks/months. With Region 2 being down, I think that has helped the Bobcats get their sea legs. West is certainly the more tested team, however. I think West wins a close one, but nothing would really surprise me.

3 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I'm not sure what to expect in this one. I think Central has been lying in the weeds, but we've all had this game circled for weeks/months. With Region 2 being down, I think that has helped the Bobcats get their sea legs. West is certainly the more tested team, however. I think West wins a close one, but nothing would really surprise me.

Nut, I said at the beginning of the year I thought that even with moving West over, the region would be weaker. I do think the main contenders are still strong enough for a good showing in Chattanooga if they get there.

8 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

Nut, I said at the beginning of the year I thought that even with moving West over, the region would be weaker. I do think the main contenders are still strong enough for a good showing in Chattanooga if they get there.

I think my expectations were probably just a tad high for Powell, OR, Central, and West. Central had to replace a lot, and it's taken them the better part of the season to get going. OR had some key pieces to replace as well, and they've just not been able to overcome terrible offensive line play. But I figured that West and Powell had the best chance given what they brought back. Both of those teams have had their share of issues to work through, and a lot of it has been self-inflicted in some ways. I still think they are the two to beat in the east, but we'll see.

If Powell doesn't make a semifinal run, given the road they have and their current personnel, they are going to have an interesting off-season. They are a junior-laden team, so you would think that they'd be right there again next year, but there have been a lot of questions about the scheme and play calling, especially on defense.