Central @ West

madhatter2269

Just now, Czar said:

These trolls are ruining the boards where we used to be able to talk some football and gossip on the best food around the stadiums. Shame, shame, shame. I blame @HTV @SweetScience @oridgecat @Knoxemdown @KnoxVil for not being able to keep it classy and on topic.

I agree. I will let you be from this point forward. It was a pleasure Filmy…

51 minutes ago, Knoxemdown said:

130 ypg with a 63% completion average against opponents that include Alcoa and Maryville.  Fair to say he had some games where he struggled; most notably Sevier County.  But in general, pretty solid.

I went ahead and figured his QBR. It's 118.120.  I calculate Powell QB at 116.469 if M Ax  Pr  EPS is correct.  And I calculate the Central QB 88.062

Edited by Knoxemdown

1 hour ago, edwardblake said:

From my perch at West, West doesn't score many points per game as Central and gives up one to two points per game than Central does but Central has played one less game due to Covid which partly explains the point difference. Central has rattled off six straight wins and has played well both offensively and defensively. West has shown an ability to find ways to win this year even when they were behind. They played really well against Alcoa which I still maintain was a "good" loss. The Sevier and Halls games were tighter than they should have been on West part. If @dawgs82 is right and Central had starters out against Fulton that would change the context of common opponents. I really think we're in for a game similar to the 2019 semifinal matchup. Both teams have hard running offenses who are overshadowed by hard run stopping defenses.

I'm an MJ fan so what I think doesn't amount to a hill of beans our season is going down the drain so I'm looking forward to this game. Outside of the thriller last Thursday with Catholic I think this game will be one of the best of the year for Knoxville. I don't like "good" loss logic. What do you have to show for that game? That being said I just don't see West pulling it out. It's going to be a tight game so it could go either way. I'm leaning more towards Central because they have quietly gained momentum on average at best opponents while West has been in some knock down drag outs with superior teams that seem to have cost them some key players. I also don't think either team is what they were two years ago in the semi finals.

4 minutes ago, thefox said:

I'm an MJ fan so what I think doesn't amount to a hill of beans our season is going down the drain so I'm looking forward to this game. Outside of the thriller last Thursday with Catholic I think this game will be one of the best of the year for Knoxville. I don't like "good" loss logic. What do you have to show for that game? That being said I just don't see West pulling it out. It's going to be a tight game so it could go either way. I'm leaning more towards Central because they have quietly gained momentum on average at best opponents while West has been in some knock down drag outs with superior teams that seem to have cost them some key players. I also don't think either team is what they were two years ago in the semi finals.

Thefox and I agree on this one…. Good analysis…

4 minutes ago, thefox said:

I think the Alcoa game showed how well we could play. I may be alone but to me that's worth something for our boys.

In region:

Halls - Central beats them by more

Cocke Co - Point difference is the exact same

Sevier Co - Central beats them by more

Heritage - Central beats them by one more than we do

Outside of region:

Bearden: West essentially shut them out. Central would have done something similar.

Fulton: We beat Fulton by the same score Central loses. Supposedly Central had starters out?

Greeneville/Maryville/Alcoa: Both teams would have lost in similar fashion. You know how I feel about the Alcoa game.

@Knoxemdown mentioned the out of region common opponent nobody was taking into account as Fulton but there is another one,

and this is where I get concerned for my Rebels:

Farragut: Central handled them in the jamboree. I know it is just a quarter but I was a nervous wreck during our game with them and I'm still concerned about it.

1 hour ago, Czar said:

These trolls are ruining the boards where we used to be able to talk some football and gossip on the best food around the stadiums. Shame, shame, shame. I blame @HTV @SweetScience @oridgecat @Knoxemdown @KnoxVil for not being able to keep it classy and on topic.

I'm just completely heartbroken that I don't meet your approval.  

Here's a hint for you: There is a nice feature on this forum called "ignore".  I invite you to exercise it if you don't want to read what I post.  

10 minutes ago, HTV said:

I'm just completely heartbroken that I don't meet your approval.  

Here's a hint for you: There is a nice feature on this forum called "ignore".  I invite you to exercise it if you don't want to read what I post.  

No worries. Go Navy!