Macon County @ Cumberland County

MCFAN3

17 hours ago, crow6424 said:

I think East Ridge and Soddy play each other and the winner would take the 4th spot. In our region, Stone and Dekalb face off and the winner will take the 3rd spot. The only weak team out of both regions will be East Ridge or Soddy. Every other matchup will be a toss up.

Central was lucky to win against red bank, but that's what it takes sometimes.  They had two scoop and scores against them.  Always a lot of athletes the central way, just need to have someone to coach em up.  Soddy and east ridge are terrible so yall should hammer them.

1 hour ago, mofojoe said:

quick throws 5 to 10 yards down the field would have beat smith they could not stop it and we have the players to do that.

Trying to run when your out weighted 70 pounds or more a man want work.

It's been a good season but i hate getting beat by smith and TC.

Agreed. We got manhandled up front and rightfully so. Smith County is huge. Our advantage was at WR against their shaky secondary. We did throw a couple of picks, but those were mostly play action boot type plays. We should have went max protection and let Houston have a field day against that Swiss cheese secondary.

The season has been good record wise, but we haven’t beaten anyone worth a darn. I thought Shoulders was the type of coach to take inferior talent and play up. Instead, he took a more talented team and blew it against Smith.  If he does go to Oakland, I don’t know that we lose anything. The JR high coach could step right in and be an upgrade. 

1 hour ago, MCfootball88 said:

Agreed. We got manhandled up front and rightfully so. Smith County is huge. Our advantage was at WR against their shaky secondary. We did throw a couple of picks, but those were mostly play action boot type plays. We should have went max protection and let Houston have a field day against that Swiss cheese secondary.

The season has been good record wise, but we haven’t beaten anyone worth a darn. I thought Shoulders was the type of coach to take inferior talent and play up. Instead, he took a more talented team and blew it against Smith.  If he does go to Oakland, I don’t know that we lose anything. The JR high coach could step right in and be an upgrade. 

MC has quality wins against Stone, DC, and Portland. All three teams will compete in the playoffs. MC is capable of making some noise in the postseason. The smith game was a wake up call for this team showing them they are not as good as they think and have to play 110% every down of the game no matter the team. Which I’m not saying that this MC team is not good because they are a good team. I think this team is a little pissed and wants to prove they are a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs. 

Edited by MCFAN3

52 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

MC has quality wins against Stone, DC, and Portland. All three teams will compete in the playoffs. MC is capable of making some noise in the postseason. The smith game was a wake up call for this team showing them they are not as good as they think and have to play 110% every down of the game no matter the team. Which I’m not saying that this MC team is not good because they are a good team. I think this team is a little pissed and wants to prove they are a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs. 

Quality wins doesn’t mean those teams are worth anything. Those are the only teams that were remotely capable of beating Macon, the rest were cupcakes. With that being said, we caught them all early. It seems like we are getting worse as the year goes along, while others are improving (Smith). Portland will be 1 and done in the playoffs. I expect Dekalb and Stone to be as well. If Macon doesn’t win a round 1 playoff game against this other weak region, then we all have to agree this team massively underachieved. That has to fall back on Shoulders. He has a Ferrari type offense and runs it like a pinto.

1 hour ago, MCFAN3 said:

Your one of them that was saying at the start of the season that trousdale was down and we would be 10-0 or 9-1 0r 8-2.

And you can play 110% but got to call a smart game or that don't matter.

And getting beat by smith is not any fun especially when your team could beat them.

Just so you know the playoff team that comes to macon will not be a push over.

And none of the three teams u spoke of above are that good "just average"

I want macon to win every game but you have to call it like it is.

1 minute ago, mofojoe said:

Your one of them that was saying at the start of the season that trousdale was down and we would be 10-0 or 9-1 0r 8-2.

And you can play 110% but got to call a smart game or that don't matter.

And getting beat by smith is not any fun especially when your team could beat them.

Just so you know the playoff team that comes to macon will not be a push over.

And none of the three teams u spoke of above are that good "just average"

I want macon to win every game but you have to call it like it is.

I completely understand frustration. Should MC have beat Smith? Yes they should have. But anything can happen in the game of football. That’s the game of football is played. And DC is more than average. They only lost to Upperman by ten. And Portland ended Station Camp. undefeated record and has competed in every game they played. 

23 minutes ago, MCfootball88 said:

10 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

Not to mention MC threw 28 times Friday night. So to say that MC didn’t throw the football against Smith isn’t true. 

I never said they did'nt throw it. i said we did not throw it the right way and not enough.

And for the record it's hard to think it was threw 28 times not saying it was not but i'll do some counting.

18 minutes ago, mofojoe said:

I never said they did'nt throw it. i said we did not throw it the right way and not enough.

And for the record it's hard to think it was threw 28 times not saying it was not but i'll do some counting.

We did throw it some, but everything was off boot action and Brooks had very little time. Also, throw on first down and not second or third and long. FYI, nobody is biting on the boot fake on 3rd and 12. Smith was playing a very soft zone. We could have went double tight and kept everyone in and just thrown stops all night long. The fact is we couldn’t protect Brooks, but there were never any adjustments made to help our line out. Again, I can’t fault the players. They were severely out manned in the trenches, but keep a wing in to help or go double tight. Brooks is 6’4” tall, he doesn’t need to be rolled out to see the field. If we will give him time, Houston or Wix either one will get open against soft zone defense. All I heard about before the season is our great results in passing league… where are those plays at? 

Edited by MCfootball88

My Alma Mater vs my wife’s Alma Mater and daughter’s current HS

Cumberland is greatly improved and it is nice to see them win again. They have good skill players but the line play is inconsistent. I think this game stays close until halftime and the Tigers pull away late. 

Macon 33

Cumberland 17

Edited by Khall555
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1