Can Bishop get 393 yards against Clinton?

92Dragon

1 minute ago, 92Dragon said:

Bishop from Karns just needs 393 yards to reach 3000 rushing yards for the year. Can he get it against Clinton this Friday night?

No. Clinton is good enough defensively that he will probably get 250, maybe 300. But he'll cross that threshold against Walker Valley. The bigger question is can he get 750 yards between now and the end of the playoffs. That would break Hurd's state record. Karns will probably have to upset Walker Valley to have a shot.

1 hour ago, Czar said:

Brad plans to give him at least 40 touches. He will get to 3000 on Friday. He was a player of the game for one of my broadcasts (not surprising) and he was special. Look forward to seeing if he can beat Jalen's record.

I was thinking the same thing. I figured they would try like heck to get him as many yards as possible. 

6 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

I was thinking the same thing. I figured they would try like heck to get him as many yards as possible. 

Spoke to Brad about this a few weeks ago at the KHS v ORHS Thursday Night Game and he felt that it was important to #1 Win (obviously) and their best chance to do that was to give Bishop as many touches as possible. I think that is evident in his touch count and the way they have designed their offense. I would expect his recruitment to really sky rocket (more than it already has) at the conclusion of this season and as he prepares for his senior year. I know that through speaking with people close the UTAD and Football Ops Dept, that Heupel, Golesh and Jerry Mack are very high on him.

My thought is that it would be far more important to keep him healthy for the playoffs than it would to get him to a number that isn't a state record at this point.  Don't see wearing him out trying to get to 3K.  

I have to believe that he already has the Karns single season rushing records in his pocket, if not the career mark already.  Karns is hosting  playoff game for, and I think this is correct, the first time ever, or at least since the 1970s.  That would be more important than a mythical rushing yardage number, IMO. 

1 minute ago, HTV said:

My thought is that it would be far more important to keep him healthy for the playoffs than it would to get him to a number that isn't a state record at this point.  Don't see wearing him out trying to get to 3K.  

I have to believe that he already has the Karns single season rushing records in his pocket, if not the career mark already.  Karns is hosting  playoff game for, and I think this is correct, the first time ever, or at least since the 1970s.  That would be more important than a mythical rushing yardage number, IMO. 

Having spoken with some people close to the Karns program and in the school administration, it is their belief that this is the first time Karns has hosted a playoff game since the school started playing football around the year 1930. They first qualified for the playoffs in 1996, according to historical data provided in the school library, when they had a contest against Dobyns Bennett from Kingsport. Prior to that, they played Bowl Games but not official post season games competing in the state playoffs. Again, all of this is provided in the school library and archives.

12 minutes ago, Czar said:

Having spoken with some people close to the Karns program and in the school administration, it is their belief that this is the first time Karns has hosted a playoff game since the school started playing football around the year 1930. They first qualified for the playoffs in 1996, according to historical data provided in the school library, when they had a contest against Dobyns Bennett from Kingsport. Prior to that, they played Bowl Games but not official post season games competing in the state playoffs. Again, all of this is provided in the school library and archives.

That is correct. They've never hosted, and they've never won a playoff game.

18 minutes ago, HTV said:

I agree, if they can keep Bishop healthy, they have a shot to win a playoff game against a pretty banged up Walker Valley team. And if they do that, he could still challenge Jalen Hurd's single season record.

2 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

That is correct. They've never hosted, and they've never won a playoff game.

This is shaping up to be an absolutely huge deal. The team has been playing football for over 90 years and has not secured a playoff victory. I am very excited about the Karns v Walker Valley throw down.

Just now, Czar said:

This is shaping up to be an absolutely huge deal. The team has been playing football for over 90 years and has not secured a playoff victory. I am very excited about the Karns v Walker Valley throw down.

If they beat Clinton, that also would give them their most wins in a season since 1971. They are chasing a lot of history this year.

49 minutes ago, Czar said:

If, and I say if they get there and could get by Walker Valley, what are they looking at next?