New District 3-AA Thoughts and Predictions?

13 hours ago, ElGoat said:

Lady Tigers have potential. They play hard and have great size. If they can avoid scoring droughts then they will be fine. 

I agree they play hard and should get better with more experience, players and coaches, but the great size comment is a little confusing. The two starting sophomore posts have good size both around 5.9 maybe 5.10 which has been about the average size post players we have played against this year. One is fast and athletic the other is strong, but we have 5 guards that play that are 5.4 to 5.5 so I would say we are under sized and I think that has been one of the biggest problems against teams that have good rebounding guards we struggle to keep them off the boards and in the games we have lost we got killed on the boards, but those things can be fixed by playing fundamental basketball and boxing out.

8 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree they play hard and should get better with more experience, players and coaches, but the great size comment is a little confusing. The two starting sophomore posts have good size both around 5.9 maybe 5.10 which has been about the average size post players we have played against this year. One is fast and athletic the other is strong, but we have 5 guards that play that are 5.4 to 5.5 so I would say we are under sized and I think that has been one of the biggest problems against teams that have good rebounding guards we struggle to keep them off the boards and in the games we have lost we got killed on the boards, but those things can be fixed by playing fundamental basketball and boxing out.

I was really just talking about the post players

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 10:00 PM, Dadof2 said:

Good win tonight for the lady Tigers at Tellico. That puts them in a good spot to at least get the 2 seed going into the district tournament. 

Definitely a good win for the Lady Tigers.  I wasn't sure they could finish 2nd in the District - thinking Kingston and/or Tellico would finish higher than them. I think I saw where they have all but one of their remaining District games at home.  Speaking of Kingston, I thought they'd be better with the good Sophomores they have this year. Maybe they're still too young and inexperienced. 

On 11/9/2021 at 12:43 PM, logcabinman said:

Central lost one senior. Will have 2 freshman that will see time. Best team I have seen in a long time.  Meigs will fight and be scrappy this year, Kingston is pretty good but still a little young.  Tellico has a good team as well, but depth will be an issue playing Meigs and Central that will push you for 4 qts. Loudon will struggle. Sweetwater will beat Loudon. 

Central and Meigs have clenched the 1 and 2 seeds. Central comes to Meigs next Friday, Central is the favorite but Meigs can be a hard place to come in and get a win. But win or lose against Central this young Meigs team has done well this year and still has a chance to play in a substate game for the 6th year in a row.

Edited by Dadof2

On 1/30/2022 at 8:31 AM, Dadof2 said:

Central and Meigs have clenched the 1 and 2 seeds. Central comes to Meigs next Friday, Central is the favorite but Meigs can be a hard place to come in and get a win. But win or lose against Central this young Meigs team has done well this year and still has a chance to play in a substate game for the 6th year in a row.

Yes, Meigs could very well be in the hunt for that substate bid.  Central girls have started out slow in their last few games, but finishing very strong.  I look for Friday to be a more competitive game, however i think the pace, depth, and centrals pressure will be the difference in the rematch.

2 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Yes, Meigs could very well be in the hunt for that substate bid.  Central girls have started out slow in their last few games, but finishing very strong.  I look for Friday to be a more competitive game, however i think the pace, depth, and centrals pressure will be the difference in the rematch.

I agree. I do think this game will be closer than the last one but Central will be hard to beat. I think Tellico has underperformed this year but they could be a hard out come tournament time. I would like to see District 3 sweep District 4, maybe they would move the girls region back to Meigs instead of going all the way to Marion.

5 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree. I do think this game will be closer than the last one but Central will be hard to beat. I think Tellico has underperformed this year but they could be a hard out come tournament time. I would like to see District 3 sweep District 4, maybe they would move the girls region back to Meigs instead of going all the way to Marion.

Doubtful that Marion would be willing to give up that gate money, even if there weren't any District 4 teams remaining for the Regions semifinals/finals.  Speaking of substate that Logcabinman and you were discussing, who would be the favorites now from Region 3 since Upperman and others have moved up to AAA?

31 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Doubtful that Marion would be willing to give up that gate money, even if there weren't any District 4 teams remaining for the Regions semifinals/finals.  Speaking of substate that Logcabinman and you were discussing, who would be the favorites now from Region 3 since Upperman and others have moved up to AAA?

Probably York. But we would play the winner/loser of region 1 championship, more than likely GP, Alcoa or South Greene if we make it that far.

23 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Probably York. But we would play the winner/loser of region 1 championship, more than likely GP, Alcoa or South Greene if we make it that far.

I'd forgot that Central and Meigs are Region 2 teams now. Central will definitely be in the Region Championship game, and Meigs has a shot to be there. I agree with what you said the other day about Tellico - they could make it to the Region finals too.

3 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

I'd forgot that Central and Meigs are Region 2 teams now. Central will definitely be in the Region Championship game, and Meigs has a shot to be there. I agree with what you said the other day about Tellico - they could make it to the Region finals too.

Meigs beat Kingston handedly tonight, if they can upset Central Friday night they will be co champions. 

12 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Meigs beat Kingston handedly tonight, if they can upset Central Friday night they will be co champions. 

Central girls are starting to look like the group I thought they would, playing well right now.  In my opinion, it would be a huge upset Friday.  It is for sure a huge game for both teams.