New District 3-AA Thoughts and Predictions?

25 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

I'm with you on that one.  TSSAA is missing a big gate by having these teams travel.  I feel that there should a provision to make this happen.  

Especially when you have all 4 teams that are in close proximity to each other having to play so far away. Besides the exorbitant fuel costs, time traveling, the Chattanooga bottleneck - the Tellico and Polk girls won't get home until well after midnight, with a school day tomorrow!  Yes, in scenarios like this one there should be provisions, but common sense has never applied when dealing with the TSSAA.  I pray for safety with all the folks having to travel over there. 

20 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Especially when you have all 4 teams that are in close proximity to each other having to play so far away. Besides the exorbitant fuel costs, time traveling, the Chattanooga bottleneck - the Tellico and Polk girls won't get home until well after midnight, with a school day tomorrow!  Yes, in scenarios like this one there should be provisions, but common sense has never applied when dealing with the TSSAA.  I pray for safety with all the folks having to travel over there. 

Big win for Polk Co. last night.  Does anyone know the last time they made it this far?  Who ya got?

39 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Big win for Polk Co. last night.  Does anyone know the last time they made it this far?  Who ya got?

I didn’t see that coming. I would have put Polk 4th in our district but come tournament time anything can happen. Central wins handedly 

2 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Central will beat Polk by double digits. And I predict Alcoa will be playing at Central Saturday in substate.    *Edited to add that Central will also beat Alcoa and advance to State. 

Edited by blitzinbuc
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 11:36 AM, blitzinbuc said:

Central will beat Polk by double digits. And I predict Alcoa will be playing at Central Saturday in substate.    *Edited to add that Central will also beat Alcoa and advance to State. 

Neither GP or Alcoa want to play at the Roundhouse on Saturday!

18 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Congratulations to the Chargerettes. Round 3 vs. Alcoa. This one is going to be a tough one. Alcoa is well coached and well rounded. Hoping for a great atmosphere, great to host sub-state game once again. 

I think we all thought they would be hosting substate this year. And I hate not getting to watch my lady Tigers play in one this year after watching them play in 5 straight. But I will be pulling for Central the rest of the way lol. I know that sounds funny coming from a Meigs fan but I have a lot of friends over there and my daughter has played summer ball with a lot of those young ladies, so good luck Saturday.

11 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I think we all thought they would be hosting substate this year. And I hate not getting to watch my lady Tigers play in one this year after watching them play in 5 straight. But I will be pulling for Central the rest of the way lol. I know that sounds funny coming from a Meigs fan but I have a lot of friends over there and my daughter has played summer ball with a lot of those young ladies, so good luck Saturday.

Then I am sure our paths have crossed.  I felt Meigs did well this year.  That district game against Tellico was an important one.