Playoffs - Round One - Oak Ridge at McMinn County

CardinalGrey

While I would never overlook the Oak Ridge Wildcats, I think McMinn has definitely improved as the season has progressed also they are solid and experienced at QB and they are playing at home - for these reasons I think that may be enough to give them the edge in this one. Then again the last time these 2 played in the playoffs it was an upset nobody saw coming - so who knows. Two great programs who are represented well on CoachT. Praying for a safe and competitive game for both teams. IMO this is one of the most interesting matchups this week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RCfan said:

While I would never overlook the Oak Ridge Wildcats, I think McMinn has definitely improved as the season has progressed also they are solid and experienced at QB and they are playing at home - for these reasons I think that may be enough to give them the edge in this one. Then again the last time these 2 played in the playoffs it was an upset nobody saw coming - so who knows. Two great programs who are represented well on CoachT. Praying for a safe and competitive game for both teams. IMO this is one of the most interesting matchups this week. 

Thank you, RC. Always keeping it classy. Best wishes to your Eagles as well. How is McMinn speed this year? They always have a few quick backs.

2 hours ago, RCfan said:

How good is the McMinn defense?

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Thank you, RC. Always keeping it classy. Best wishes to your Eagles as well. How is McMinn speed this year? They always have a few quick backs.

3 hours ago, catswild said:

How good is the McMinn defense?

We played them early in the year so I couldn’t give you an honest assessment of how the defense is now but they were decent early in the year. As far as team speed I would say about average for McMinn, they had a small back who was pretty quick and shifty but the one to watch out for is the QB Miller. #9 is impressive - he is just a good ball player -  he also plays defense, has good size and can hurt you with with his arm and his legs. He can extent the play until someone gets open or he can run right past you.  If he gets on track early that could be bad for the Wildcats.

3 hours ago, RCfan said:

We played them early in the year so I couldn’t give you an honest assessment of how the defense is now but they were decent early in the year. As far as team speed I would say about average for McMinn, they had a small back who was pretty quick and shifty but the one to watch out for is the QB Miller. #9 is impressive - he is just a good ball player -  he also plays defense, has good size and can hurt you with with his arm and his legs. He can extent the play until someone gets open or he can run right past you.  If he gets on track early that could be bad for the Wildcats.

Miller is a very good QB that can hurt you in different ways. I will say the thing I remember as the game went on and Miller started scrambling out more and started throwing up some forced throws that could have led to interceptions. That maybe something to watch for. I feel mcminn is missing that key guy at WR/TE to help out Miller. The RB is small and shifty, but they don’t really have that deep threat. 

I would love for the Cats to get a win and get some experience for this young team.So much talent next yr could be really good if we fix some things and have a new approach to the off season.As has been the case all year this game will come down to the Oak Ridge offense.If it is the offense who cant block nobody and goes 3 and out all night we dont have a chance,QB has to take care of the ball and not turn it over or take big sacks.Lets hope our best game on offense last week gives us some confidence and we keep it going.I will be shocked if McMinn has the talent we do at the skill spots but games are won upfront.RWR

9 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I would love for the Cats to get a win and get some experience for this young team.So much talent next yr could be really good if we fix some things and have a new approach to the off season.As has been the case all year this game will come down to the Oak Ridge offense.If it is the offense who cant block nobody and goes 3 and out all night we dont have a chance,QB has to take care of the ball and not turn it over or take big sacks.Lets hope our best game on offense last week gives us some confidence and we keep it going.I will be shocked if McMinn has the talent we do at the skill spots but games are won upfront.RWR

You're exactly right and while I have no idea at all how McMinn County is up front, they usually have very good linemen, which could be bad for OR.

• Like 1

Always big and chunky up front, the Cherokees pose problems for the Wildcat lines, they also have some good skill people, but OR may have found itself last week, the offense finally showed up the second half and played the best it has played all year, McMinn has the better record and is playing at home so that should make them the favorites, but its going to be a close one either way, too close to call,

2 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Always big and chunky up front, the Cherokees pose problems for the Wildcat lines, they also have some good skill people, but OR may have found itself last week, the offense finally showed up the second half and played the best it has played all year, McMinn has the better record and is playing at home so that should make them the favorites, but its going to be a close one either way, too close to call,

I say line is McMinn -8.5

9 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Agree! I hate to pick against OR, but I think the home field is the difference.