WestMOlan travels to Marion

Mr. Postman1

12 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

But every year seems like the same thing is said.  Good defense and all that.  This game hinges on qb play.  If it's the same situation as last week then this one is a nail biter for sure, that's the bottom line.  Where did you decide to eat at?

We are down a couple players, could be a bad night for us. I haven't fully decided, I am leaning towards the new pizza place! 

1 hour ago, GBO52 said:

We are down a couple players, could be a bad night for us. I haven't fully decided, I am leaning towards the new pizza place! 

Sandbagging....... red point is pretty good, owners have a good story also.  They have good pizza and wings also.  Not sure where all you have been the last few years but if you can get there before dark top of the rock has a view unmatched and good food also.  Succotash is good if you like Louisiana Cajun food, owner was displaced from hurricane. Lookout mtn winery is also good pizza with a view.  Two of our better places was tavern 55 but they have closed and the Mexican closed when the owner died of covid.  Safe travels tonight. 

2 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

If they are there 3 weeks from tonight they will be there by themselves.

You are right it will be 2 weeks from tonight. Regardless these kiddos are resilient and will be there in two weeks for a rematch. I will not go into details but they will not hold us down like that again. They have a good team no doubt but so do we. These players and coaches have worked hard for this season. Coach Pruitt was also saving his new plays last week. We ran the same plays we have been running all year and Meigs County did a good job at stopping those. I think it will be a little different next time. I hope we have a big crowd tonight. These kiddos deserve it. Also Taye should be Mr. Football for our state. It is ridiculous that he was not listed. Go Warriors!

2 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Marion needs adjust after last week and throw the ball more. Run left, run right only works for so long. One dimensional teams get exposed at some point. That point won’t be tonight though! Warriors by 35. I’m just keeping it real

Some people are creatures of habit and that might be the reason they haven't ever won the big one.  You have to be able to adapt.

6 minutes ago, MarionMadness said:

You are right it will be 2 weeks from tonight. Regardless these kiddos are resilient and will be there in two weeks for a rematch. I will not go into details but they will not hold us down like that again. They have a good team no doubt but so do we. These players and coaches have worked hard for this season. Coach Pruitt was also saving his new plays last week. We ran the same plays we have been running all year and Meigs County did a good job at stopping those. I think it will be a little different next time. I hope we have a big crowd tonight. These kiddos deserve it. Also Taye should be Mr. Football for our state. It is ridiculous that he was not listed. Go Warriors!

Y’all keep going ahead and punching your ticket to the quarters… I like it!

2 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Marion needs adjust after last week and throw the ball more. Run left, run right only works for so long. One dimensional teams get exposed at some point. That point won’t be tonight though! Warriors by 35. I’m just keeping it real

Tyner proved that against Meigs. I couldn't understand why Meigs was so dead set on running it against Tyner. They only threw it a couple of times in obvious passing downs in long yardage due to penalties or nice run stops by Tyners front seven or front 8 or 9. I think Tyner knew it was Carroll coming at them. 

Carroll is one my favorite Tigers of all time. He has a huge heart and plays big. He is not afraid of taking a hit and gives the hits more often than not. But that was his worst game. I dont believe he had maybe 30 yards passing if that and maybe 40 or 50 rushing on around 20 something carries.

He had more interceptions than than TD passes or TD runs I think.

Nothing negative against Carroll. One of the only rough games he has had and it still played his heart out and punched in couple TD's and 2 point conversion and csme up with a big interception. The kid is amazing.

Just a great job by the Tyner Defense  and what happens when you get one dimensional 

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

Y’all keep going ahead and punching your ticket to the quarters… I like it!

I am not punching any ticket. These kiddos and staff no good and well who beat us last season. We know Watertown has a good team and you will not be overlooked. We are a much better team this year though. I did not mean any ill will toward you or your team. I just love these kiddos and I want them to do big things in football and in life.