1A and 2A FAVORITES FOR THE CHOO CHOO BOWL

footballover

My favorite to win 1A is Fayetteville. I do believe they will host the playoffs throughout November.  All four Fayetteville's non-region opponents made the playoffs. That does include Upperman, who is a #1 seed in Class 4A with a 9-1 record. The winner of Fayetteville/McKenzie will represent the West in Chattanooga, which (if they were to play today), I'm leaning with the Tigers. Peabody does have the easier path of the three. 

In 2A, the favorite is Westview. But MAHS have the athletes to compete with the Chargers, they are my dark horse threat. MAHS didn't allow a single point in October, I do expect that to continue against Camden. Again, Westview is my favorite, but if they meet up with MAHS, the Lions can throw them fits.

39 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

My favorite to win 1A is Fayetteville. I do believe they will host the playoffs throughout November.  All four Fayetteville's non-region opponents made the playoffs. That does include Upperman, who is a #1 seed in Class 4A with a 9-1 record. The winner of Fayetteville/McKenzie will represent the West in Chattanooga, which (if they were to play today), I'm leaning with the Tigers. Peabody does have the easier path of the three. 

In 2A, the favorite is Westview. But MAHS have the athletes to compete with the Chargers, they are my dark horse threat. MAHS didn't allow a single point in October, I do expect that to continue against Camden. Again, Westview is my favorite, but if they meet up with MAHS, the Lions can throw them fits.

Have you watched Fayetteville play this year ? Or last year ? 

22 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Have you watched Fayetteville play this year ? Or last year ? 

I watched them last year, and here and there this year (not in person). I went to more games in person this year. Therefore, I didn’t watch a lot of games online. As you know, being from West Tennessee, I’m not going to gauge much interest in Fayetteville as I would in Peabody or McKenzie.

12 minutes ago, 1983 said:

McKenzie is the real deal but I would be concerned if I were a rebels fan just because of the weak schedule they have played.  I believe Mckenzie is better than Fayetteville but I give the nod to Trenton against the rebels.

I don’t honestly know between the Tide and Rebels, I will say I don’t put much stock in the game we shared in common, just feel like it’s a pickem as it was last year !

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I watched them last year, and here and there this year (not in person). I went to more games in person this year. Therefore, I didn’t watch a lot of games online. As you know, being from West Tennessee, I’m not going to gauge much interest in Fayetteville as I would in Peabody or McKenzie.

I haven’t watched them in person. They are a great team. They have a tendency to have lots of penalties. I watched them play south Pitt last year and I’ve watched the cornersville and upperman game this year. They struggled with upperman honestly I think upperman schedule is weak. It was evident that upperman had no speed and I didn’t really see any reason Fayetteville should of struggled but they did. The only thing I saw was uppermans  lines were big. Cornersville straight up ran them over up the gut. Fayetteville is good but the cornersville game has me thinking I don’t know if they can beat mckenzie