1A and 2A FAVORITES FOR THE CHOO CHOO BOWL

footballover

3 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

I don’t think Huntington makes it out of the second round against MAHS that only has one loss against a decent 5A team in Brighton. They have the first ranked run defense in 2A along with a Tennessee commit at WR/S

MAHS- 9-1 record. Teams they have played had a overall records of 42 wins- 58 losses. Teams they have played with 1 loss or less-0

Mitchell- 8-2 record. Teams they have played had overall records of 40 wins-63 losses. Teams they have played with 1 loss or less- 1

Huntingdon- 8-2 record. Teams they have played had overall records of 58 wins-39 losses. Teams they have played with 1 loss or less- 4

5 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

I hope they make it to the semis so we get another shot at them after playing our worst game of the season against them but I just don’t think they make it that far

I hope so too.. especially now.. :P

No offense to Riverside. You guys have as solid team and will be my pick in the semis. But you don't have anything for Huntingdon or Westview. We beat you guys by 2 scores and played far from our best game. Lot of penalty yards, but we ran for 300+ yards without completing a pass. Not to mention the 7 sacks by our defense.

Again not meant to be a shot against you all, but getting past the semis will be a major challenge. Although, I don't disagree that meeting us there may be your best shot.

1 hour ago, sportsnutz said:

I hope so too.. especially now.. :P

No offense to Riverside. You guys have as solid team and will be my pick in the semis. But you don't have anything for Huntingdon or Westview. We beat you guys by 2 scores and played far from our best game. Lot of penalty yards, but we ran for 300+ yards without completing a pass. Not to mention the 7 sacks by our defense.

Again not meant to be a shot against you all, but getting past the semis will be a major challenge. Although, I don't disagree that meeting us there may be your best shot.

Agree to disagree I guess, having two starting O-Line man out one Of which being the center who was replaced by a freshman who’s high snaps resulted in 3 sacks and 1 fumble while they were driving and inside the 5 really changed the game for Riverside, not to mention the first play of the game which was a failed trick play that resulted in a fumble and gifting a touchdown. I think the out come would have been different if Riverside fields a healthy team and has a different play call first play of the game.

Regardless, to say that a fully healthy Riverside has nothing for huntington while only losing by 12 a few weeks ago in my opinion is naïve, can’t comment on Westview because they are a completely different team than anything Riverside has seen so far this season but I would take them over anybody in the west side of the bracket based solely on having one of the best QBs to ever play in the state.

5 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I thought Meigs had the first ranked defense in 2A?

You must not have read my post from last week leading up to our game.

Prior to the game with Marion Meigs was only team in the State across all divisions in the top 5 in both offense and defense. Marion had us though in Defense giving up something like 4.8. They were 2nd and we were 4th I believe.  

Updated results after our 20 to 0 victory over Marion has our D moved up to 2nd in State across all divisions at 5.4 and Marion has dropped to 6th now giving up an astounding 6.4 points per game.

Unfortunately Marion did hold us to 20 dropping us from top 3 to 13th now in offense at 42.3 ppg.

4 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

Agree to disagree I guess, having two starting O-Line man out one Of which being the center who was replaced by a freshman who’s high snaps resulted in 3 sacks and 1 fumble while they were driving and inside the 5 really changed the game for Riverside, not to mention the first play of the game which was a failed trick play that resulted in a fumble and gifting a touchdown. I think the out come would have been different if Riverside fields a healthy team and has a different play call first play of the game.

Regardless, to say that a fully healthy Riverside has nothing for huntington while only losing by 12 a few weeks ago in my opinion is naïve, can’t comment on Westview because they are a completely different team than anything Riverside has seen so far this season but I would take them over anybody in the west side of the bracket based solely on having one of the best QBs to ever play in the state.

Witnessed Simpson's younger brother play against Parsons 6th graders yesterday. He may be the 2nd best QB in west Tennessee as a 6th grader. Great size,speed and bigtime arm. Martin plays Huntingdon for championship tonight. 

On 10/30/2021 at 11:11 AM, kingofthenorth said:

1a- Gville/SP vs Peabody/Fayetteville any matchup we get will be a good game I believe.

2a- Meigs/Marion/TC/H2O/Tyner are my picks out of the east and could be any of the five I believe. I truly have no idea out of the west Huntington or Westview are the obvious picks.

I agree winner of Quad 2 will represent the East in 1A and 2A.

8 hours ago, footballover said:

McKenzie has not had a competitive game since week 1 against Huntingdon. They have not had to play 4 qtrs of football yet. I don't think they match up well with a physical team that will go right at them. You stop their running back you win easy

Which running back?  Taylor, McCreary, Tharpe, Cassidy?  And if you load up the box, you leave the middle wide open for Jackson Cassidy to beat you with his arm or roll out with his legs.  Don't get fooled thinking McKenzie is one dimensional.  We are not. 

I will say the lack of schedule with better teams may hurt the Rebels.  But, I also know Comer will get the most out of them.  Outside of South Fulton and Perry Co, the starters have played the third into the 4th the best I can recall. 

5 hours ago, RHSPanther15 said:

Well it was nearly two months ago when we played. And I will promise you that the HuntingDon team you saw was nothing compared to the team that played mistake free football vs Trenton-Peabody.

Anyone can be beat any week, but I'm telling you, the winner of the Westview Quad represents the west in 2A