UC Travels to Memphis Fairley Rd 1

BigSwoShow

2 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

UC it was a special season and you all played with heart and determination. We had some great senior leadership and a lot of underclassmen stepped up in a big way with the backing of these seniors. Now it’s time to hit the weight room get stronger and be ready to put on a clinic on how UC Football is played. Continue the Tradition and learn from the ones who came before you all.  Go UC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How would you compare Fairley to Huntingdon and Westview?

5 minutes ago, 1983 said:

How would you compare Fairley to Huntingdon and Westview?

Comparing Huntingdon and Westview is apples to oranges. Both run their respective offenses very well, but have VERY different philosophies. This is a game of matchups. If you have speed and can cover the pass, you'll match up better with Westview. If you have size and love a super physical game, you'll match up better with Huntingdon.

That's how Huntingdon lost convincingly to Westview but then turned around and beat Trenton. We just matched up better with what Trenton likes to do on offense and played a clean game of our own on offense, where Westview consistently gashed our defense with slants and other quick passes while our offense shot itself in the foot with penalties and turnovers.

Well my CoachT family, it has been a great run. I have been on the T since 07. I finally have my last son through football and tonight was his last game.. it has been more than I could have asked for getting to meet and talk with many of you over the years. The banter and back and forth was the high light of my day during the seasons. Championships and the agony of defeat we have all shared in. I made myself a promise that when my last boy was done with this game we all love that I also would be done on the T . So with that I say so long fellow posters. Someone else will have to pick up and move forward with my Tornadoes. Goodbye everybody. Good luck and good times. 

20 minutes ago, BigSwoShow said:

Well my CoachT family, it has been a great run. I have been on the T since 07. I finally have my last son through football and tonight was his last game.. it has been more than I could have asked for getting to meet and talk with many of you over the years. The banter and back and forth was the high light of my day during the seasons. Championships and the agony of defeat we have all shared in. I made myself a promise that when my last boy was done with this game we all love that I also would be done on the T . So with that I say so long fellow posters. Someone else will have to pick up and move forward with my Tornadoes. Goodbye everybody. Good luck and good times. 

You’ve had a great run, Swo! Good luck, buddy.

29 minutes ago, BigSwoShow said:

I have always enjoyed your post. Come back and visit sometime. The best of wishes to you and your family bud! 

1 hour ago, sportsnutz said:

Comparing Huntingdon and Westview is apples to oranges. Both run their respective offenses very well, but have VERY different philosophies. This is a game of matchups. If you have speed and can cover the pass, you'll match up better with Westview. If you have size and love a super physical game, you'll match up better with Huntingdon.

That's how Huntingdon lost convincingly to Westview but then turned around and beat Trenton. We just matched up better with what Trenton likes to do on offense and played a clean game of our own on offense, where Westview consistently gashed our defense with slants and other quick passes while our offense shot itself in the foot with penalties and turnovers.

So how good is fairley? Will they challenge Westview?

7 hours ago, BigSwoShow said:

No way Swo! Hate to lose you bud. You’re way to good of a poster but I understand. Much love to you and your boy!

I’m very proud of this UC team for all they have gone through this year. Lost a very key senior lineman our left tackle to a devastating knee injury in the Milan jamboree. Keep him in your prayers as he had another surgery yesterday to repair some nerve damage. Lost another senior lineman 3rd game of the season ACL tear. Another senior defensive lineman also missed almost half the season with some health issues. Then you compound that with losing two high school classmates to very untimely deaths. Adversity was a very real thing this year for this team and it will make them better men in the long run. They never hung their heads. They never quit working. They never quit fighting. They never felt sorry for themselves. Heads held high. You represented this town well. Go UC!!!

2 hours ago, UCStrong77 said:

I’m very proud of this UC team for all they have gone through this year. Lost a very key senior lineman our left tackle to a devastating knee injury in the Milan jamboree. Keep him in your prayers as he had another surgery yesterday to repair some nerve damage. Lost another senior lineman 3rd game of the season ACL tear. Another senior defensive lineman also missed almost half the season with some health issues. Then you compound that with losing two high school classmates to very untimely deaths. Adversity was a very real thing this year for this team and it will make them better men in the long run. They never hung their heads. They never quit working. They never quit fighting. They never felt sorry for themselves. Heads held high. You represented this town well. Go UC!!!

I think the ones that stepped in for those lost for the season did well and your son had the greatest impact of all on my son I know. He is a great leader and will do great in life.

32 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

I think the ones that stepped in for those lost for the season did well and your son had the greatest impact of all on my son I know. He is a great leader and will do great in life.

No doubt about that. They did well stepping in the shoes of those lost for the year. Tell yours to keep pushing himself in the weight room. He will be a great one to carry on the lineman legacy. Thanks for your kind words