A Region 5 outlook 21-22

utpoolman

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 9:36 PM, Lynnvegas said:

Richland will give them all they want.

good thing is that they play in HOF game so should get to see what it looks like early on.
I imagine City has a football player or two so teams will look different come tourney time.  

I think its possible for Richland to give them a battle. Raiders will have strong guard play from seniors and a junior but the rest will be freshman and sophomores. If the young talent can buy in early they can be very good again. They probably have a little more height than last season with sophomore around 6'6" and freshman around 6'4". but the guard play will be critical . 

Eagleville and Santa Fe could also have something for this region. Eagleville has young talent also but they are always well coached. 

Santa Fe has a returning scoring machine with Slaughter and added his younger brother who scored over 1k in middle school. Also a couple senior big men inside. Should be a fun year.         

So Richland beats Eagleville by 25 plus opening night. 
then today beat Harriman by 17 then after a girls game turn around and beat City by 3. So Richland will definitely have something to say about this region. I know City has football players out but the lead was 15 at 1 pt in the 4th before city came back. 
great start to the season for the raiders!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Lynnvegas said:

Richland takes care of City by 13 last night. 
top 3 in this region 

Richland 

City

Santa Fe

no one else matters. 

Was good to see them finish. I think Richland is better than their record for sure. 3 of the 5 losses were without their leading scorer . 2 of the 5 without 3 starters.. 
 That Richland / Santa Fe matchup could be a good one . Don’t see anybody else in this region playing with those 3 teams

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...