A Region 5 outlook 21-22

utpoolman

8 hours ago, Rocketboy21 said:

Kudos to Richland for being able to reload every year and grabbing Cornersville kids every year also. Good to see

Reload ? The 2 seniors are 4 year players, the one junior has been there since middle school.. the 2 sophomores are both 2 year players.. the entire freshmen class have been there since elementary .. I doubt either team needs bulletin board material for this game..

22 hours ago, utpoolman said:

Reload ? The 2 seniors are 4 year players, the one junior has been there since middle school.. the 2 sophomores are both 2 year players.. the entire freshmen class have been there since elementary .. I doubt either team needs bulletin board material for this game..

Reload every year and never have a drop off is what I meant. But hey it’s obvious that he’s going to the parents and talking to him but oh well. 

On 2/24/2022 at 10:53 PM, Rocketboy21 said:

Kudos to Richland for being able to reload every year and grabbing Cornersville kids every year also. Good to see

Somehow this seems to happen in small communities , always has and probably always will. It’s not “here” exclusively . And it goes both ways.. for example, just between the two schools mentioned .. Richland has 2 players that played middle school at Cville.. ones a senior who’s dad left as coach so he changed schools, the other is currently in 8th grade. Cville has 2 freshmen (one starter) that currently live in richlands district and go to Cville on out of county waiver. Look at the girls roster and see how many played at Richland middle and now play for Cville.. I don’t like it or agree with it , but to call out a coach saying he’s talking to parents to get kids to come play seems a bit over the top for me. I mean let’s just call it what it is, if you’re a hs football player living in that area and can go to either school it would make since to me where that kid ends up playing HS ball .  No difference with basketball . If that is the kids sport and he can move legally it seems to be the same.. it’s the ones that leave after 2 or 3 years at a particular HS I don’t understand . 

7 hours ago, utpoolman said:

Somehow this seems to happen in small communities , always has and probably always will. It’s not “here” exclusively . And it goes both ways.. for example, just between the two schools mentioned .. Richland has 2 players that played middle school at Cville.. ones a senior who’s dad left as coach so he changed schools, the other is currently in 8th grade. Cville has 2 freshmen (one starter) that currently live in richlands district and go to Cville on out of county waiver. Look at the girls roster and see how many played at Richland middle and now play for Cville.. I don’t like it or agree with it , but to call out a coach saying he’s talking to parents to get kids to come play seems a bit over the top for me. I mean let’s just call it what it is, if you’re a hs football player living in that area and can go to either school it would make since to me where that kid ends up playing HS ball .  No difference with basketball . If that is the kids sport and he can move legally it seems to be the same.. it’s the ones that leave after 2 or 3 years at a particular HS I don’t understand . 

I’m not knocking it lol. heck I said Kudos to them