Class 4A Region 1 Best Teams

hoopsfanatic

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 12:35 PM, hoopsfanatic said:

Who do you like? Dobyns Bennett is probably best team with Morristown East and Science Hill right behind.

I don't know. Looks like a average bunch again. I was hearing some people say it was going to be a "special" year for DB. I don't see it judging from that first game against Granger (who ever that is). 

Think DB  and Bearden will be best teams from Region 1. Think Morristown East and Science Hill are capable of beating either of them. DB seemed to start off slow but still won by like 18. They are very deep and very well coached. Bearden plays at Lakeway on Sat against the home team who has gotten some transfers, still think Bearden rolls. East opens with Fulton tonight in what should be a fun game to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 12:09 AM, hoopsfanatic said:

Bearden & Morristown East both 6-0....might both be undefeated when they play a week from Tuesday at Bearden.  

Thats easily the two best teams in the east. Farragut seems to be pretty good also. Did the DB game at Gate City get cancelled last night? Don't see anything on the outcome anywhere on that game. 

Db game must have been cancelled. Farragut/Bearden play tonight and East/Bearden play Tues night and East/ DB play Friday. Should know where everybody is by end of next week. Farragut and Science Hill both appear to have a chance to beat anybody, too. Havent seen West Ridge play, they play Easy Monday. Their record is good but really havent played anybody. Looking at the districts If East loses a game in theirs, then they are not near as good as they appear. Still think Db wins their district with Science Hill 2nd and the other 3 fighting it out for the other 2 spots in the region. 

5 minutes ago, hoopsfanatic said:

DB beats Jeff Co by 1??

Yeah, and they were lucky to get the win. Some were saying DB was going to be "special" this year. I was waiting on them to get some games in before judging. Ain't 'gonna happen. Their a average team at best. Not as good as last years average team, and probably not even top 10 in east tn. If they played Jefferson Co. three times Jefferson Co. would win two. 

Like East and DB in Region1. They play Friday in Johnson city at 4. East plays Bearden at Bearden tonight. Will know how real they are by end of this week. Have 2 of the best players in the state in Simpson and Ilic. Db is really good and Poore is a very good coach. Science Hill will be there at the end of the year.

Havent seen Oak Ridge but their Coach is one of the best. Was at Farragut/Bearden game. Great atmosphere and game between 2 good teams. I think these 2 are the best teams in Region 2. Hope i get to make it to Bearden game tonight. 

18 minutes ago, hoopsfanatic said:

Like East and DB in Region1. They play Friday in Johnson city at 4. East plays Bearden at Bearden tonight. Will know how real they are by end of this week. Have 2 of the best players in the state in Simpson and Ilic. Db is really good and Poore is a very good coach. Science Hill will be there at the end of the year.

Havent seen Oak Ridge but their Coach is one of the best. Was at Farragut/Bearden game. Great atmosphere and game between 2 good teams. I think these 2 are the best teams in Region 2. Hope i get to make it to Bearden game tonight. 

As a DB fan I'm just not as optimistic about DB as you are. I just don't see it. They have not been anywhere near impressive in a single game yet. Bearden would blow them out and East is at least 20 points better. I don't think they can beat Science Hill. Maybe their in some sort of funk right now but they don't look like a top three team in the region to me. Also, everybody keeps giving Poore all this praise. I don't see that either. He's a good guy and an average high school basketball coach, that's it.  Let's be real here.