Class 4A Region 1 Best Teams

hoopsfanatic

I think in the other District everything including the region has Jeff county hosting. Not a bad drive for anyone, right off the interstate. After another few games and seeing what Oak Ridge did to Karns  and West Ridge losing. My top 3 and  honestly think in both regions they are way above everyone else

Region 1 

East

DB 

Science Hill

Region 2

Bearden

Oak Ridge

Farragut

East has Greeneville Monday night. Should be a good game 

After Friday's games, here is how District 1 looks:

1. Dobyns-Bennett 17-4, 3-0
  2. Science Hill 19-3, 2-1
  3. David Crockett 12-7, 1-1
  4. Daniel Boone 7-12, 1-2
  5. West Ridge 12-9, 0-3

Only 3 district games are being played this week.

Tuesday:

• D-B at Crockett
  • Science Hill at West Ridge

Friday:

• Crockett at Boone

I've said it earlier, D-B at Crockett could be a sneaky good game.  In the time I've been following D-B, they've never played a good game at Crockett.

On 1/16/2022 at 2:53 PM, SWVAHavokFan said:

After Friday's games, here is how District 1 looks:

1. Dobyns-Bennett 17-4, 3-0
  2. Science Hill 19-3, 2-1
  3. David Crockett 12-7, 1-1
  4. Daniel Boone 7-12, 1-2
  5. West Ridge 12-9, 0-3

Only 3 district games are being played this week.

Tuesday:

• D-B at Crockett
  • Science Hill at West Ridge

Friday:

• Crockett at Boone

I've said it earlier, D-B at Crockett could be a sneaky good game.  In the time I've been following D-B, they've never played a good game at Crockett.

Game scheduled for tonight at Crockett... moved to Wednesday.  DB boys and girls are on a roll. Dang what a deep team for scoring options! I doubt Crockett can keep it closer than 15 by the end of the game.

The West Widge Wolves are finding things not so easy when you just play the big schools...boys and girls. But hopefully the WW girls figure it out and put a beat down on SH...when they play. 

Edited by LINEDAD

6 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

Game scheduled for tonight at Crockett... moved to Wednesday.  DB boys and girls are on a roll. Dang what a deep team for scoring options! I doubt Crockett can keep it closer than 15 by the end of the game.

The West Widge Wolves are finding things not so easy when you just play the big schools...boys and girls. But hopefully the WW girls figure it out and put a beat down on SH...when they play. 

Are they still on for tonight?  May go check that one out since we got postponed.

Watched West Ridge and East. Not a pretty game and didnt think East was ever in trouble. Ilic picked up some real questionable calls and sat half the game. Simpson and Cloninger dominated their guards. West did play alot better this time, dont see how they got beat so bad the game before. Sevier seems to be playing alot better and has East at Sevier Friday night. I've said all along DB has the deepest team and most talent 1 to 8. East has by far the best 3 and a pretty good next 4 or 5. Science Hill cant afford any foul trouble, neither can Sevier Co

5 hours ago, hoopsfanatic said:

Watched West Ridge and East. Not a pretty game and didnt think East was ever in trouble. Ilic picked up some real questionable calls and sat half the game. Simpson and Cloninger dominated their guards. West did play alot better this time, dont see how they got beat so bad the game before. Sevier seems to be playing alot better and has East at Sevier Friday night. I've said all along DB has the deepest team and most talent 1 to 8. East has by far the best 3 and a pretty good next 4 or 5. Science Hill cant afford any foul trouble, neither can Sevier Co

Good summation except...MO-East has 2, not 3 of the best.. IMO. The big man never can play big, only outside on the 3pt line and is always in foul trouble. For the life of me, I cannot see why ETSU has offered/signed him up. 

DB has 3 players right at the 1,000 point total. I am hoping all 3 hit that mark before the West Widge game next Tuesday. That would be a good night to give out some 1,000 point balls!

Edited by LINEDAD

I agree, he plays outside way to much. If he stayed around the goal wouldnt be any question East is best team.   Easy to pick on big kids in Hs. Refs have hard time officiating them, Db has similar problem with Browder and Malakai. Etsu sees the potential, obviously. A 6'10 kid who can play anywhere on the floor gets a double double every game and blocks 3 or 4 shots a game is hard to come by. Chris Poore would trade any 2 kids on his team to have him. But in Hs he should be around the goal a whole lot more, hopefully East wont figure that out and keep him 20ft from the basket. I know the opposing coaches would rather him be out there, lol.

On 1/19/2022 at 3:16 PM, hoopsfanatic said:

I agree, he plays outside way to much. If he stayed around the goal wouldnt be any question East is best team.   Easy to pick on big kids in Hs. Refs have hard time officiating them, Db has similar problem with Browder and Malakai. Etsu sees the potential, obviously. A 6'10 kid who can play anywhere on the floor gets a double double every game and blocks 3 or 4 shots a game is hard to come by. Chris Poore would trade any 2 kids on his team to have him. But in Hs he should be around the goal a whole lot more, hopefully East wont figure that out and keep him 20ft from the basket. I know the opposing coaches would rather him be out there, lol.

Everybody has their opinion.. but, I doubt you would get that trade from Coach Poore...def not me.

Hopefully, we see how it all plays out. Going to be a fun rest of the season from here on out. Its the best Basketball in Region 1 in a long long time.

Fritzy said in his writeup that we looked great last night....

I thought we did for a quarter, but not the other three.  I'd love to see the FG% last night.  I'd bet it wasn't great.  We won by 30, but should have beaten Crockett by 50.

As I've mentioned about Crockett, we don't play our best in that gym for whatever reason.

18 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Fritzy said in his writeup that we looked great last night....

I thought we did for a quarter, but not the other three.  I'd love to see the FG% last night.  I'd bet it wasn't great.  We won by 30, but should have beaten Crockett by 50.

As I've mentioned about Crockett, we don't play our best in that gym for whatever reason.

I agree.. not bad winning by 30 and not playing the best. DB has room for improvement, def not played their best yet. 

But, it's not bad, playing ok and having 5 in double figures! 

DB PLAYS AT ELIZABETHTON SATURDAY - NOTHING FRIDAY NIGHT

Saturday schedule: JV BOYS 1:30 VARSITY GIRLS 3:00 VARSITY BOYS 4:30