Class 4A Region 1 Best Teams

hoopsfanatic

Thats true. Who does DB go to in crunch time. SH has Cutlip, East has Simpson. East /Greeneville tom night should be good game.  Refereeing will be a big thing come tourney time. If they let them play and dont call flops and touch fouls then East will win our region. I think the only way Science Hill advances is if they call it so tight kids dont get to play and refs effect the game. Kids just got to adapt, but you are right the farther you get away from East Tn they are letting them play. I personally have seen no kid in this area that is so aggressive they should be shooting 10+ foul shots a game. Gillispie /Gville by far is only one that should be close to that many.

5 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Morristown East went down, Greeneville 74-71.

Listened to it on the Radio Coach and sounded like a very physical game and Greeneville spreading the ball around.  Total Fouls against Greeneville kept this game close.  Terry Grove played like a man with 17 before fouling out. Jakobi Gillespie led Greeneville  with 21, Adjatay Dabbs 17, and Reid Satterfield 15.  Greeneville looks primed to make another run to defend their title.

45 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Listened to it on the Radio Coach and sounded like a very physical game and Greeneville spreading the ball around.  Total Fouls against Greeneville kept this game close.  Terry Grove played like a man with 17 before fouling out. Jakobi Gillespie led Greeneville  with 21, Adjatay Dabbs 17, and Reid Satterfield 15.  Greeneville looks primed to make another run to defend their title.

Based on their last 2 wins they are getting ready for tournament time. Region 1 4A is going to be a great tournament. I like several teams, mostly that old Greene Devil Chris Poor’s bunch.

10 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Based on their last 2 wins they are getting ready for tournament time. Region 1 4A is going to be a great tournament. I like several teams, mostly that old Greene Devil Chris Poor’s bunch.

The semifinals in Region 1-4A should be some variation of Morristown East, Sevier County, Science Hill and D-B.  Those will be two fun games regardless of the matchups.

Was at the game last night at East. Great game between 2 very good teams. Well played and went down to last possession. If East shoots 50% from the foul line they win the game. They let them play which is what I hope they keep doing. Everybody wants to see these kids play. Will be fun next Friday in Greeneville for the rematch. Grove and Dabbs were very good last night. Easy may make adjustment and put Ilic on grove next game. Obviously they wanted to keep Kobi out of the lane and they were able to keep Ilic in positions to help out when he got in there. Gville coach i thought made some very good in game adjustments. Cloninger and Ilic were very good last night. Probably had 40 or so and didnt miss a handful of shots all night. Gym was packed great atmosphere for a HS game. Gotta love HS basketball.

48 minutes ago, hoopsfanatic said:

Was at the game last night at East. Great game between 2 very good teams. Well played and went down to last possession. If East shoots 50% from the foul line they win the game. They let them play which is what I hope they keep doing. Everybody wants to see these kids play. Will be fun next Friday in Greeneville for the rematch. Grove and Dabbs were very good last night. Easy may make adjustment and put Ilic on grove next game. Obviously they wanted to keep Kobi out of the lane and they were able to keep Ilic in positions to help out when he got in there. Gville coach i thought made some very good in game adjustments. Cloninger and Ilic were very good last night. Probably had 40 or so and didnt miss a handful of shots all night. Gym was packed great atmosphere for a HS game. Gotta love HS basketball.

They let East play more than they did Greeneville and some horrible foul calls against Greeneville that weren't fouls if you watch the film.  Foul differential was Greeneville with 45 to East's 21 with 1:36 left before it ended up being 45 for Greeneville and 28 for East because they had to foul to get Greeneville into the Bonus.  It was a great game to watch that Greeneville dominated the boards even though they were the smaller team.

Cloninger and Illic combined for 34.

Scoring by both teams

Greeneville: Gillespie 21, Dabbs 17, Satterfield 17, Grove 17, Tillery 2

Morristown East: Illic 22, Simpson 18, Cloninger 12, Ball 8, Dougherty 3, Frost 3

1 hour ago, 1ShotBenny said:

How does Jeff Co, Region runner-up and one game away from going to state, go to a team with only 5 wins on the year and hasn't won a game since December? Just a thought.

Same could be said with Kingston who went to state last year and sits at 5-14.  I would say for both it comes down to graduating a good Senior Class