Class 4A Region 1 Best Teams

hoopsfanatic

I was joking around after the game last night and asking if They'd reckon the Hill would let us host the sectional at their gym since we play better there than at our own sometimes... Lol

Anytime you run the home student section out of their own gym before the final buzzer is a good night, especially when it's your rival.

The Science Hill PA guy is annoying, especially at a football game, but man, he can sing the national anthem.  I'll give him that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gritsngravy said:

I could take 5 guys off the street and beat most anyone if my 5 shoots 70% like DB did last night.  Poore gets to dodge Knoxville(Farragut's JV doesn't count) and get the Tribe to Murfreesboro.  and not a Topper fan

You won't find 5 guys off the street that can shoot 70%. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, hoopsfanatic said:

will play with same kids they played with last night, mostly Jv. Db wins by 30....

DB should win by 30, but they'll have to be in the right frame of mind. It would be easy to just look at Farragut and say their "mostly JV players. Farragut has a good coach and I wouldn't think he'd be expecting to lose by 30. He has a few days to come up with a game plan unlike the Bearden game.  So like I said, that "frame of mind" thing is big. 

• Like 1

DB VS Farragut at the Dome tonight! The DB Indians earned this home game by winning their 2nd straight Region Title in beating one of the best teams in the state (MO-East)...and add in the 3rd defeat of SH to ice that cake nicely!!

What team will Farragut bring tonight? Depleted? How much? How many starters are available?

See you at the Dome tonight. Roll Tribe

11 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

DB VS Farragut at the Dome tonight! The DB Indians earned this home game by winning their 2nd straight Region Title in beating one of the best teams in the state (MO-East)...and add in the 3rd defeat of SH to ice that cake nicely!!

What team will Farragut bring tonight? Depleted? How much? How many starters are available?

See you at the Dome tonight. Roll Tribe

Only 3 of their varsity players played.

• Upvote 1

We were very lucky to have played the Farragut team we played last night... The way we shot the ball last night we wouldn't have beaten West Ridge. Plus we weren't our normal aggressive selves either. Thought we played lackadaisical. Hope that's out of our system now because it will only get tougher the rest of the way. 

On the bright side, I hear that we have a good chance against Coffee County. Even though this is more or less a home game for them. 

2 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

We were very lucky to have played the Farragut team we played last night... The way we shot the ball last night we wouldn't have beaten West Ridge. Plus we weren't our normal aggressive selves either. Thought we played lackadaisical. Hope that's out of our system now because it will only get tougher the rest of the way. 

On the bright side, I hear that we have a good chance against Coffee County. Even though this is more or less a home game for them. 

That's what I meant by being in the right frame of mind. DB was not. That was 7 players with 4 off their JV team.  I'd change "good chance" to "chance". Coffee County is a very scrapy team and will fight you for every basket. DB relies on shooting percentage. It's the state tournament, everybody's good. Just gotta' show up. DB can't play like they did last night and expect to even come close to beating Coffee Co. 

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

That's what I meant by being in the right frame of mind. DB was not. That was 7 players with 4 off their JV team.  I'd change "good chance" to "chance". Coffee County is a very scrapy team and will fight you for every basket. DB relies on shooting percentage. It's the state tournament, everybody's good. Just gotta' show up. DB can't play like they did last night and expect to even come close to beating Coffee Co. 

Definitely agree with that.  

All in all, I said before the season that I thought this team would make it to the Boro and they have.  Will they win the gold ball?  Most likely not.  It'll take probably three straight games of shooting the rock as if they're playing in Science Hill's gym to probably pull it off.  And if they're lucky enough to get to play Cane Ridge in the finals, it may take a near perfect effort, as everyone is saying Cane Ridge is probably double digit favorites throughout the tournament.  

I'm just excited to go.  Looking forward to watching some good hoops (not just D-B), for a day or two at least.

Edited by TribalEmpire
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Definitely agree with that.  

All in all, I said before the season that I thought this team would make it to the Boro and they have.  Will they win the gold ball?  Most likely not.  It'll take probably three straight games of shooting the rock as if they're playing in Science Hill's gym to probably pull it off.  And if they're lucky enough to get to play Cane Ridge in the finals, it may take a near perfect effort, as everyone is saying Cane Ridge is probably double digit favorites throughout the tournament.  

I'm just excited to go.  Looking forward to watching some good hoops (not just D-B), for a day or two at least.

Yep, DB is capable of making it to the championship game if they play at their best. They've done it several times this year so it's in them. Myself, I'll be happy to see them win the first game. All these teams are good or they wouldn't be there. Cane Ridge may go out in the first round. 

• Like 1