Class 4A Region 1 Best Teams

hoopsfanatic

1 minute ago, hoopsfanatic said:

So what was difference in Db game tonight?

Sevier should have  beat East, too. Ken Wright had everything working, East played horrible, but credit to Sevier. Collins got outcoached badly. I guess will see which coach screws up the worst....if both make it to semifinals.

Couldn't throw it in the ocean which led to Cutlip playing stall ball. 

I still thin DB, East, Science Hill & Sevier playing in Semis

Science Hill vs Sevier will be an ugly  game to watch between 2 very good teams peaking at the right time.

Db/East could be a classic between 2 great teams if they play like they were earlier. Either way one of them is going home very disappointed to their season ending the way it did. 

no matter who wins those games, none will be an upset

14 minutes ago, gritsngravy said:

National as in 60 minutes down the road!  & in his interview it was all the kids fault & lack of a shot clock. None of it is on him. 

Yeah, That was my attempt to be sarcastic. I've said several times in different post on here that Poore is a slightly above average coach. The most impressive thing he has done is take Jefferson Co. to the state tournament one year. I can't even remember if he won a game there. I'm not saying he's a bad coach but he's not the guy that will win you a state championship or even get close. Cutlip (another average coach) changed his approach last night and Poore didn't have a clue. As for how he was hired in the first place and the national search thing, that was all BS. They had their man before they started the fake search. DB is number two or three in the nation in all time wins and with a top notch facility. You can't tell me there wasn't a boat load of "very good" coaches that would of jumped at the chance. They pulled the same stunt in football. Did a "national search" and ended up with a guy that was already on the staff with no head coaching experience. Passed on a head coach 30 miles away that has since won two state championships and one runner up. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, gritsngravy said:

National as in 60 minutes down the road!  & in his interview it was all the kids fault & lack of a shot clock. None of it is on him. 

I give Cutlip credit.  The strategy worked to perfection.

It was our undoing that we just didn't make shots.  Bad night shooting.  You'll have those every once in awhile.  Also, we choked to be honest.  Had an 11 point lead in the fourth quarter at 46-35.  Only scored three points after that.  Just got to put it past us and move on to Jeff County on Saturday.

Region 1-4A boys tournament:

Bracket:

Saturday, February 26:

• Morristown West at Science Hill 7:00
  • Daniel Boone at Sevier County 7:00
  • West Ridge at Morristown East 7:00
  • Jefferson County at Dobyns-Bennett 7:00

Tuesday, March 1:

• MW/SH winner vs. DB/SC winner 6:00
  • WR/ME winner vs. JC/D-B winner 7:30

Wednesday, March 3:

• Semifinal winners 7:00

13 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Yeah, That was my attempt to be sarcastic. I've said several times in different post on here that Poore is a slightly above average coach. The most impressive thing he has done is take Jefferson Co. to the state tournament one year. I can't even remember if he won a game there. I'm not saying he's a bad coach but he's not the guy that will win you a state championship or even get close. Cutlip (another average coach) changed his approach last night and Poore didn't have a clue. As for how he was hired in the first place and the national search thing, that was all BS. They had their man before they started the fake search. DB is number two or three in the nation in all time wins and with a top notch facility. You can't tell me there wasn't a boat load of "very good" coaches that would of jumped at the chance. They pulled the same stunt in football. Did a "national search" and ended up with a guy that was already on the staff with no head coaching experience. Passed on a head coach 30 miles away that has since won two state championships and one runner up. 

When is the last Time DB won a state Championship in basketball. By this logic DB hasn't had a decent basketball coach in 50 years including Van Huss. Buck never won a state championship at DB and he had way more talent than anybody besides Shipley or anybody else has ever had their. You go at the football coach all the time as well. Same thing their then every coach has stunk it up at DB. The real issue here and nobody wants to admit it is that Kingsport doesn't have all the best athletes like it did 40 years ago and now instead of getting all the transfers they actually lose them. Your feeder schools don't dominate anybody and your Rec programs are weak. You have all this travel ball in various sports that is accomplishing nothing because very few of the coaches know the game. As for the facilities I agree 100% that nobody has anywhere near the facilities that DB has they are amazing. If facilities win you championships then UT should be dominating and the Cowboys should be in the Super Bowl all the time. So its time to either except reality that its not always the coaches fault that you have other deciding factors in your success or fix those issues.