Class 4A Region 1 Best Teams

hoopsfanatic

On 1/4/2022 at 1:31 PM, LINEDAD said:

For those that watch HS Basketball, this is great season in Region 1. 

I can't wait for the rematch at Greeneville for DB and to play Mo-East again... which won't be until the Region Tournament. 

Mo-East beat DB in an early Dec. game that was sloppy at best. No excuses for DB, they got beat but was able to take it into overtime and with 1 rebound, could have had the win anyway, playing poorly. 

Most talented area teams in a long time. 

Greeneville has 2 great players and a bunch of tough guys that play in the system. State Champs in AAA if no injuries to Gillespie of Satterfield. 

Mo-East has 2 great players, and 1 that should be but just isn't. 

SH has 2 really good players and that is what they have...2 really good players. Weak supporting starters and benchless bench. 

DB has 6 players that can lead the team in scoring on any given night. Typically 4 or 5 are in double figures every night. Depth, experience, talent and coaching...DB is #1 in District 1 without a doubt.   

Should be a great 2nd half of the season. Come out and watch the teams play and see for yourself. 

Just a little confused and I could be missing something. Your saying that Greeneville will be state chaps in AAA? Didn’t they lose to Fulton by 30?

11 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Just a little confused and I could be missing something. Your saying that Greeneville will be state chaps in AAA? Didn’t they lose to Fulton by 30?

You're definitely missing the fact that when Greeneville played Fulton the 2nd game of the season that Greeneville only had one starter playing (Satterfield).  Greeneville was without Gillespie, Grove, Dabbs, Tillery, and their first man off the bench in Price because of Football and being in the Quarter Finals the night before.  They also lost to Volunteer by 15 four days before that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

You're definitely missing the fact that when Greeneville played Fulton the 2nd game of the season that Greeneville only had one starter playing (Satterfield).  Greeneville was without Gillespie, Grove, Dabbs, Tillery, and their first man off the bench in Price because of Football and being in the Quarter Finals the night before.  They also lost to Volunteer by 15 four days before that.

Greeneville knocked Fulton out in the sectionals last season 92-67. Greeneville has everyone back from that team and are for sure better than they were last year. Is Fulton that much better this year that they should expect to beat Greeneville? 

I am no Green Devil fan, but.... they have a really good team. Best of luck to the Falcons.

14 minutes ago, LINEDAD said:

Greeneville knocked Fulton out in the sectionals last season 92-67. Greeneville has everyone back from that team and are for sure better than they were last year. Is Fulton that much better this year that they should expect to beat Greeneville? 

I am no Green Devil fan, but.... they have a really good team. Best of luck to the Falcons.

I'm a Greeneville Fan that happens to live in Knoxville now actually not to far away from Fulton High School.  Fulton is always an athletic and well coached team.  Do i think they beat Greeneville?  No i don't think so with who Greeneville has coming back (They don't have everyone back but the ones they do have improved even from last year).  I think it will be Fulton and Clinton who make it to Substate in this area.  Clinton has a good team with everyone they have coming back and dropping down to AAA.

49 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I'm a Greeneville Fan that happens to live in Knoxville now actually not to far away from Fulton High School.  Fulton is always an athletic and well coached team.  Do i think they beat Greeneville?  No i don't think so with who Greeneville has coming back (They don't have everyone back but the ones they do have improved even from last year).  I think it will be Fulton and Clinton who make it to Substate in this area.  Clinton has a good team with everyone they have coming back and dropping down to AAA.

I saw Clinton play in the Alpha Invitational at D-B. I think they have a good team...but not Greeneville good.

Jan 28 - Rematch with DB at Greeneville - that will be a war

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

Ok that makes sense, I was just wondering. Thanks 

On 12/14/2021 at 11:48 AM, SWVAHavokFan said:

WaCoJaCo is 100% accurate about the Jefferson County game.  We were lucky to escape with that one.  Trailed the entire game except the final 15 seconds.  I feel like when Jeff County visits the Dome later in the year, this game won't be close and D-B wins big.

Nailed this one.... D-B beat Jeff County tonight in the rematch in the Dome by 37, 89-52.  The Tribe is playing exceptionally well right now.  Have Betsy tomorrow night and Boone on Friday.

16 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Nailed this one.... D-B beat Jeff County tonight in the rematch in the Dome by 37, 89-52.  The Tribe is playing exceptionally well right now.  Have Betsy tomorrow night and Boone on Friday.

I hate to throw water on your fire SWVA but Jeff Co. is not a good team. They've only won 5 games. DB should beat them by 37. But at least they beat them like they should of. Un like that first game. I'll give them that. Just trying to keep people grounded. It's a fault of all us DB fans. High expectations followed by disappointment. We always fall for our own hype. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 6:17 PM, hoopsfanatic said:

Greeeneville and East play next Monday night and Gville has Grainger next week, too. 

I don't think Greeneville will have any problems with Grainger... The 1 loss for Grainger was to DB...I think that was game 1 of the season. schedule shows that game will be this Friday. Beating Mo-East will be much tougher. For sure will be a big crowd for that one and worth my drive from Kingsport.

DB is trying to pack the Dome for the West Ridge game on Jan 25. Should be a big crowd, but we need the Wolves to win a few games between now and then. 

District 1 4A Tournament will follow last seasons format.... higher seed hosts each game. I rather have it at 1 site location for big crowds and see more than 1 game a night. With only 8 games total in the District season, you gotta win the 4 home games and stealing wins on the road will determine the high seeds. 5 weeks till tournament time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LINEDAD said:

District 1 4A Tournament will follow last seasons format.... higher seed hosts each game. I rather have it at 1 site location for big crowds and see more than 1 game a night. With only 8 games total in the District season, you gotta win the 4 home games and stealing wins on the road will determine the high seeds. 5 weeks till tournament time. 

I was asking Coach Poore's mom the other night about this.  She wasn't sure, but yeah.  Guess it'll be this way from here on out since I guess COVID isn't going anywhere.  

In retrospect though, there's only going to be 5 games in the tournament (4 vs. 5, 1 vs. 4/5, 2 vs. 3, 3rd place game and championship game).  Also, I think Crockett was supposed to host the district tournament this year anyway, so I'm glad it's like that this year.  Crockett is isolated from the other four in the district, whereas a drive to the Hill, Gray or especially West Ridge is quick and simple... Lol