Bearden open

HTV

5 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

.....and I may have missed something but why aren't the assistant coaches running the weight program? They are still the assistant coaches until the new coach tells them they are no longer needed. Isn't that part of their coaching supplement responsibilities?

As I have stated throughout this thread, it is rather unlikely that a current member of the dogs assistant coaching staff is promoted due to their lackluster performance over the past few years. You simply do not promote people from a 4-6 team. If one of them were to think he was the man, he probably would've shown initiative and gotten them started back in the weight room by now. I imagine that the assistants have already moved on and explored other coaching opportunities elsewhere.

6 hours ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Assistant football coaches are supplemented for the time they work from August to the end of the season. If they resigned the day after the season concluded, they would still be paid their entire supplement because they would have worked a full season. Many of the school's have a strength and speed coach supplemented through the county that would be responsible for designing workouts under the direction of a head sport coach. It is silly to talk about things for which you do not have the background knowledge. You seem naive.

Where does your knowledge come from? Have you coached football and been supplemented at the high school level? 

5 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Where does your knowledge come from? Have you coached football and been supplemented at the high school level? 

I played ball in high school and college. My nephew is a former local assistant coach that has been around in KCS. So I am pretty familiar with how the system handles business.

14 hours ago, FHSAlum12 said:

I played ball in high school and college. My nephew is a former local assistant coach that has been around in KCS. So I am pretty familiar with how the system handles business.

Former local coach?  

You do realize that procedures and protocols within the Knox County system have changed a lot in the last several years, don't you?  

It's not the old days any longer.  

Edited by HTV

9 hours ago, HTV said:

Former local coach?  

You do realize that procedures and protocols within the Knox County system have changed a lot in the last several years, don't you?  

It's not the old days any longer.  

Yes, I am familiar. I am also familiar with what Bearden plans to do. They want a "splashy" hire to appease the "community" and to make the admin (AD) look good. That is why Rusty Bradley will be the next HC at Bearden High School.

Edited by FHSAlum12

1 hour ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Yes, I am familiar. I am also familiar with what Bearden plans to do. They want a "splashy" hire to appease the "community" and to make the admin (AD) look good. That is why Rusty Bradley will be the next HC at Bearden High School.

I have a hard time believing that candidate is going to be a teaching assistant, which will gross about $33K including his coaching supplement,  before taxes.  

1 hour ago, FHSAlum12 said:

I'm prepared to come on here and eat crow, but I would be floored if he is named Bearden's next HC.