Bearden open

HTV

18 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

If Bearden wants Cummings they better work fast. From what I’ve been hearing on my perch at West High, Oak Ridge is wanting him bad. 

Scott is no longer interested in the Bearden position and never really was from what I have heard. He did not interview for the position. Rusty is a serious candidate from what I have been told. Pickins are slim for this job. 

Just now, FHSAlum12 said:

Scott is no longer interested in the Bearden position and never really was from what I have heard. He did not interview for the position. Rusty is a serious candidate from what I have been told. Pickins are slim for this job. 

I agree with @HTV that hiring a head coach as a TA would be pretty wild but that is the position they have put themselves in. It isn’t the like the old days for sure. This is an easy hire for the AD. Bradley is a state championship winning coach. The folks in charge need to end this circus and move forward. 

20 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

Bradley and an out of state candidate will interview today. That should about wrap it up. Hopefully they will have a coach in place (Bradley) before Friday. Very interested to see how the pass heavy approach will look in 6A.

Not sure it's going to be done that quickly.  I was told it will likely be more like after school dismisses for the holidays.  

10 minutes ago, HTV said:

Not sure it's going to be done that quickly.  I was told it will likely be more like after school dismisses for the holidays.  

They interviewed four candidates on Saturday and fell behind so they decided to split the panel into two parts to get through the interviews faster (wow would be an understatement). Bradley and an out of state candidate have their second interviews today. I don't see them drifting from Bradley since this is what the booster club has wanted since October from what I have been told. This will be done before school is done for the term on 12/17.

Edited by FHSAlum12
Clarity

10 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

They interviewed four candidates on Saturday and fell behind so they decided to split the panel into two parts to get through the interviews faster (wow would be an understatement). Bradley and an out of state candidate have their second interviews today. I don't see them drifting from Bradley since this is what the booster club has wanted since October from what I have been told. This will be done before school is done for the term on 12/17.

The booster club isn't making the hire.  

Things don't work that way in Knox County any longer.  

But believe what you will.  I'll continue to trust the word of those actually a part of the process.