Bearden open

HTV

18 minutes ago, GoSpartans1960 said:

Well the so called step up will have to be proven on the football field. Will BHS get Baby Falcons, CAK, or the Powell flying circus. No HC experience at a 6A school is questionable at the least. Maybe there will be an assistant HC that knows the ropes that the principal has a relationship with or has confidence in. Bearden is a difficult place to reach those high expectations. Very high expectations but never doing what it takes to reach those expectations. Bearden parents/boosters that get involved in sports that don't get what they want out of a coach don't go to the principal that signed off on the HC hire, they go to central office to air their displeasures. Good luck to the new staff, they will need it.

No doubt it is an interesting hire. He's coming off a state championship and has the connections. . One thing that I'd be encouraged by if I was a BHS guy is him keeping the players they have plus adding in a few kids each class that can help. Many forget Maryville QB1 went to Bearden zoned schools up until HS.  The mindset of those around the school is they are a basketball school and a change was needed. 

I'm curious to see how this will play out between kids having another option in regards to HS in regards to those rising 9th graders. 

33 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

No doubt it is an interesting hire. He's coming off a state championship and has the connections. . One thing that I'd be encouraged by if I was a BHS guy is him keeping the players they have plus adding in a few kids each class that can help. Many forget Maryville QB1 went to Bearden zoned schools up until HS.  The mindset of those around the school is they are a basketball school and a change was needed. 

I'm curious to see how this will play out between kids having another option in regards to HS in regards to those rising 9th graders. 

Maryville QB 1 was never going to be a Bearden football player. Josh Jones or anyone else was not going to keep the Jones boys at Bearden or from playing football at MHS. Dad played at Bearden but decided to take his boys to Maryville. The head baseball coach at Maryville was a teammate of the dad at BHS. That might have had something to do with why the Jones boys went to MHS. Or one reason might have been the HC that was hired by BHS in 2014. The dad might not have wanted his son to play for that HC.

8 minutes ago, GoSpartans1960 said:

Maryville QB 1 was never going to be a Bearden football player. Josh Jones or anyone else was not going to keep the Jones boys at Bearden or from playing football at MHS. Dad played at Bearden but decided to take his boys to Maryville. The head baseball coach at Maryville was a teammate of the dad at BHS. That might have had something to do with why the Jones boys went to MHS. Or one reason might have been the HC that was hired by BHS in 2014. The dad might not have wanted his son to play for that HC.

Don't disagree with any of what you said. My point was kids like Jones won't be so fast to leave if JJ can produce and turn things around. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Don't disagree with any of what you said. My point was kids like Jones won't be so fast to leave if JJ can produce and turn things around. 

Beardens MAC teams have been very good the last few years. I don't think talent is a problem at Bearden recently. I think the problem has been getting the talent you have coached properly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FHSAlum12 said:

KCS has approved the hire of a bookie to run one of the largest programs in the area. Wow. I have truly seen it all!

You are such a loser, really shows your ignorance to spewing such garbage on here. Unfortunately some people will take what you’re saying and run with it because it fits their agenda. Josh is no bookie, but what do you care. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, adalum96 said:

You are such a loser, really shows your ignorance to spewing such garbage on here. Unfortunately some people will take what you’re saying and run with it because it fits their agenda. Josh is no bookie, but what do you care. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

Man, some people are just passionate about football. That’s why we’re all on here, right? It hits close to home when it’s a guy that will be the mentor your kids/grandkids or your friends kids. I know I was lucky that my kids had tremendous coaches. A head coach can greatly positively or negatively impact a kid’s life. 
I’ve actually heard these rumors too. What’s the story? Why do people think he is a bookie?

6 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Hearing that Coach Jones has brought in Coach Potter from HVA to be the DC. Just what l heard. Don't know for sure.