Bearden open

HTV

1 hour ago, RPohnO said:

So Jones is the guy. What do we know about him? What does he do for work? Is he married? Have kids? Where did he grow up? Did he play college ball? What's the scoop!?

Surly someone on here has a program from Powell that should answer most of those questions. Not on here to bash this guy and hope him the best but one of the downfalls Powell had this year especially against Maryville was lack of discipline which turned that game around on a dime. Almost got them in the championship game on the same very player that opened the Pandora's Box at Maryville because he couldn't keep his East Knoxville Pie Hole Shut and set Maryville up on short field advantage on the following kickoff. You might skate by with a few knuckle heads like that in 5A but you sure won't in 6A.

11 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Surly someone on here has a program from Powell that should answer most of those questions. Not on here to bash this guy and hope him the best but one of the downfalls Powell had this year especially against Maryville was lack of discipline which turned that game around on a dime. Almost got them in the championship game on the same very player that opened the Pandora's Box at Maryville because he couldn't keep his East Knoxville Pie Hole Shut and set Maryville up on short field advantage on the following kickoff. You might skate by with a few knuckle heads like that in 5A but you sure won't in 6A.

Hey Barn, thanks for the update. Some posters on this thread seem to think Coach Jones can bring some talent from outside of the BHS zone, maybe from the east side like Powell has brought in. That has always made things better at BHS.

51 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Barney - Downfalls?  Powell won a state championship.  A lot of teams have issues against Maryville, and that has a lot more to do with Maryville than it does with "downfalls".  

I'm sorry, but pointing finger at somebody else for needing to keep his "pie hole" shut is humorous to me.  Why the continual bashing of everybody else other than the team you support?  

Maryville is in an elite class in Tennessee high school football.  Just consider yourself fortunate to be associated with them and stop dogging everybody else who isn't Maryville.  Having interacted with the Maryville coaching staff as I had the good fortune of doing for several years, that's not anything they would consider class.  

You don't like Powell and some of its players and coaches.  We get it.  But enough is enough.  Just because they don't do things the way you approve of doesn't make them evil.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GoSpartans1960 said:

Hearing that Coach Jones has brought in Coach Potter from HVA to be the DC. Just what l heard. Don't know for sure.

Haven't heard that, but I wouldn't be surprised.  There is a connection from the Fulton days.  

And if accurate, that's a good hire.  Coach Potter is a good DC.  Things didn't work out as a head coach, but not everybody is cut out to be head coaches, but they are very good coordinators/assistants.  

Edited by HTV

15 hours ago, GoSpartans1960 said:

Hearing that Coach Jones has brought in Coach Potter from HVA to be the DC. Just what l heard. Don't know for sure.

This is great news to me. :P
Defense was Bearden’s strong suit last year. Really stopped us (West) up in our run game. 
I didn’t watch HVA play last year, the scores of their games must have been misleading. I didn’t know they had a defensive mastermind on staff. 

All in good fun. I wish Mr. Jones and his staff the best and hope for a good matchup in the fall. I know our game doesn’t matter in the long run since they’re 6A, but I sure do love watching the rebels beat the bulldogs. 

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Barney - Downfalls?  Powell won a state championship.  A lot of teams have issues against Maryville, and that has a lot more to do with Maryville than it does with "downfalls".  

I'm sorry, but pointing finger at somebody else for needing to keep his "pie hole" shut is humorous to me.  Why the continual bashing of everybody else other than the team you support?  

Maryville is in an elite class in Tennessee high school football.  Just consider yourself fortunate to be associated with them and stop dogging everybody else who isn't Maryville.  Having interacted with the Maryville coaching staff as I had the good fortune of doing for several years, that's not anything they would consider class.  

You don't like Powell and some of its players and coaches.  We get it.  But enough is enough.  Just because they don't do things the way you approve of doesn't make them evil.  

My only issues at Maryville is the concession menu and the online purchasing of season tickets which left more people confused than a fart in a fan factory. Being around a disciplined football machine for many many years now has made it very easy to see why others fail. Your 100% right that I'm fortunate to have been associated with them and the great people that have coached there over the years. Love to see Bearden step it up a notch and play some great football, I'm tired of a boring game with them. Makes you feel like you went and paid $8 to pay respect to an old friend for two hours on life support. Far as Powell I can't tell you how hard I pulled for them the last time they went to the state. Just didn't feel the same this go around.

Edited by BarneySox2007

On 12/10/2021 at 10:12 PM, chsbobcat09 said:

Can’t blame Bearden. They want in on the Recruiting game just like Powell and CAK and Fulton all benefited. How long before some high profile player, OR BETTER YET, a few current Powell players end up at BHS? Let the games begin :roflol:

Shhhh Satty, the adults are talking.  :roflol: