Bearden open

HTV

On 11/23/2021 at 11:41 AM, HTV said:

Yeah, that's Erik.  He, Dave Clary, and Glenn Morton were 3 that I learned how to run a Friday night booth from.  

I loved Glenn. He is a longtime friend. We used to run the plays in with the WR’s. Every time I entered the game he called out my name. Since we only threw about 5 passes a game, that was a big deal.

On 11/23/2021 at 2:35 PM, LEFTYKNOX said:

How has Bearden not made a hire yet? Their coach resigned on November 1st, correct? This week is the Final Four of the playoffs so most prospective candidate's current seasons are over or will be in the next 10 days. I understand that committee has brought in local candidates and some guys that have been out of coaching for a year or two. I just wonder if they will have someone hired before winter break.

2nd interviews for 3-4 this coming week.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:40 AM, Red Rebels said:

I loved Glenn. He is a longtime friend. We used to run the plays in with the WR’s. Every time I entered the game he called out my name. Since we only threw about 5 passes a game, that was a big deal.

Salt of the earth guy.  

HVA Football released on Twitter that they plan to begin off-season workouts on Wednesday, 12/1. Meanwhile, Bearden is yet to name a coach and I am assuming their players have been left in the dark and are falling behind. I foresee Bearden becoming (if not already) the #4 school in West Knoxville public.

1. Knox West

2. Farragut

3. Hardin Valley (at least they have a coach and plan for workouts)

4. Bearden

Just now, LEFTYKNOX said:

HVA Football released on Twitter that they plan to begin off-season workouts on Wednesday, 12/1. Meanwhile, Bearden is yet to name a coach and I am assuming their players have been left in the dark and are falling behind. I foresee Bearden becoming (if not already) the #4 school in West Knoxville public.

1. Knox West

2. Farragut

3. Hardin Valley (at least they have a coach and plan for workouts)

4. Bearden

Don't assume.  

Bearden has an interim in place until a new coach is hired, and I am hearing that will likely be next week.  

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

Don't assume.  

Bearden has an interim in place until a new coach is hired, and I am hearing that will likely be next week.  

This is not factual information. There has been no "interim" named and there are zero football operations taking place right now.

Edited by LEFTYKNOX

7 minutes ago, HTV said:

Don't assume.  

Uhh no. This is false. Parents of Bearden players know nothing of a"interim". If there is one he hasn't told anyone :grin:

"next week" being sometime between the 7th-10th. If it's the 10th that gives a new HC 3 school days to work with before the kids are gone for the break. YIKES. 

33 minutes ago, HTV said:

Don't assume.  

You are off on this, HTV. There has been no interim named from what I am hearing. Everyone is in "wait and see" mode. I have not heard of any football related activities taking place or any direction from the administration to current assistants.

21 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

You are off on this, HTV. There has been no interim named from what I am hearing. Everyone is in "wait and see" mode. I have not heard of any football related activities taking place or any direction from the administration to current assistants.

No offense indended, but I will trust a person actually part of the process of hiring a new football coach.