Bearden open

HTV

4 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

I would hate for high school kids to get an extra few weeks off.  Most football players are still working out in a PE class.  What else could they be doing?

Cmon man . we arent talkin baseball or basketball. they need to be in the weight room grindin. my godson is friends with a lotta guys over there and they havent heard a word. I know for a fact they will loose a lotta 8th graders because of this.

12 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

I would hate for high school kids to get an extra few weeks off.  Most football players are still working out in a PE class.  What else could they be doing?

Most football players are working out in a PE class in Knox County? Unlikely. Every football team around outside of those that finished up in the past couple weeks are back in the weight room if not playing basketball or baseball. 

6 minutes ago, CzarStar865 said:

Cmon man . we arent talkin baseball or basketball. they need to be in the weight room grindin. my godson is friends with a lotta guys over there and they havent heard a word. I know for a fact they will loose a lotta 8th graders because of this.

Like I said, most all of them are working out already. What else can they do?

2 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Like I said, most all of them are working out already. What else can they do?

You don't know much about how Knox County works. "most" is not true. "some" meaning less than 15 would be more accurate. Also, a weight class ran by a PE teacher is not the same as an organized team lift. 

35 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

You don't know much about how Knox County works. "most" is not true. "some" meaning less than 15 would be more accurate. Also, a weight class ran by a PE teacher is not the same as an organized team lift. 

My bad, I did not know that a couple weeks in the weight room would make or break a season.  I figured taking time to hire the right head coach would be more important.  

5 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

My bad, I did not know that a couple weeks in the weight room would make or break a season.  I figured taking time to hire the right head coach would be more important.  

It's not baseball or basketball LJS which are individual sports compared to football. No strength and conditioning a few weeks may not make or break a season in the way you imply but it definitely could get kids hurt if they don't prepare their bodies correctly which will make or break a season in the way you did not imply.