Bearden open

HTV

44 minutes ago, HTV said:

The booster club isn't making the hire.  

Things don't work that way in Knox County any longer.  

But believe what you will.  I'll continue to trust the word of those actually a part of the process. 

HTV you've been wrong on so much in this saga. Especially with Bradley being  unhappy at Webb. I believe your words were "no chance, in fact just the opposite. Don't see it happening." Now you're adamant the booster club isn't heavily influential because of "rules" you think you know "in KCS". Come on man. Stop with the wild predictions and pretending to have insider knowledge. Just monitor the situation and make goofy posts like everybody else

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HTV said:

The booster club isn't making the hire.  

Things don't work that way in Knox County any longer.  

But believe what you will.  I'll continue to trust the word of those actually a part of the process. 

Isn't a booster club member on the interview committee? 

7 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

Yes. HTV is off on this one.

So the booster club member is going to tell the administration who to hire?  

That's just not even plausible.  The School and Knox County Schools administrations make the final call, not a booster club member.  

No, I am not off on this one and some live in a fantasy world.   

1 minute ago, HTV said:

That's just not even plausible.  The School and Knox County Schools administrations make the final call, not a booster club member.  

You are purposefully misunderstanding. None of these people have said the Booster club is submitting the application to HR. Are you familiar with the terms "de jure" vs. "de facto" ?

1 minute ago, HTV said:

That is how this has played out. Yes, procedurally you are correct, the appropriate Knox County personnel will sign off on the necessary documents. This hire was pushed by the booster club for months.

A couple of things:

For one, this hire will be made and announced by Friday, as others have mentioned. Unless heck freezes over, that is the committee’s timeline. 

Now for an opinion, as a Farragut alumni and with a kid that will be on the Farragut High Football team within the next couple of years, it makes me jump for joy hearing Bradley’s name as the leader in the clubhouse. I hope for the Admirals sake it is him. He’s a snake oil salesman and his act has worn thin at every place he’s been, with maybe the exception of Webb. I’m guessing the boosters who have been pushing didn’t do a lot of digging. 

The one thing HTV is correct on is that a booster won’t make the hire, but he’s missing the other point and that’s the only the he’s said that accurate. Poor guy what’s so bad to be relevant.