Bearden open

HTV

Just now, PostingGawd39 said:

Ed, what IS the plan? This seems unprecedented and bold (stupid?) on the part of bhs admin

Due to the administration’s inability to move pieces around in the school building they’ve decided to outsource the head coaching job to a former youth league coach. This has never been done in Knox County to my knowledge. I know coaches that wanted head coaching jobs who were much more involved at the school level but were rejected because they were TAs and not licensed teachers. I do wonder how parents at BHS will feel when this is announced. 

7 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

Due to the administration’s inability to move pieces around in the school building they’ve decided to outsource the head coaching job to a former youth league coach. This has never been done in Knox County to my knowledge. I know coaches that wanted head coaching jobs who were much more involved at the school level but were rejected because they were TAs and not licensed teachers. I do wonder how parents at BHS will feel when this is announced. 

Best hire if Bearden wants to win. Not the first time a coaching position has been outsourced there so no need to clutch the pearls. 

Edited by JohnnyUtah

1 minute ago, edwardblake said:

My sons are better men for the relationships they had with Tony Rogers and Scott Cummings. If you send your son to Bearden with JJ as the head coach are you getting that byproduct? I wanted my sons to play football to become better men. Winning and creating conditions for young men to succeed through adversity is important but mentoring young people is more important. 

3 minutes ago, CzarStar865 said:

WOW !!! who gets to keep the baby Falcons . Matt lowe or Jones ? 

Lowe for sure. As said previously, Bearden doesn't accept transfers unless it's for a very very very unique/good academic reason or it's for basketball. And that's just tradition at Bearden. Football transfers ain't happening except MAYBE one or two per season. Been that way since I was over there  2008-2011 and hasn't changed based on what you hear/see on the field

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PostingGawd39 said:

Lowe for sure. As said previously, Bearden doesn't accept transfers unless it's for a very very very unique/good academic reason or it's for basketball. And that's just tradition at Bearden. Football transfers ain't happening except MAYBE one or two per season. Been that way since I was over there  2008-2011 and hasn't changed based on what you hear/see on the field

If JJ is the hire, getting transfers was part of the deal. He's not leaving to take the talent pool given. 

• Sad 1