Bearden open

HTV

As I have said, I am a Bearden alum, and although I graduated back in the stone age, I still want to see my alma mater do well in sports.  

But that said, seeing the reaction of some of the people "affiliated" with Bearden during this search I have come to the conclusion that some people are just plain nuts and wouldn't be happy if Stever Spurrier or Nick Saban were hired.  

Get a frickin' grip.  If you don't like whoever is announced as the new coach then either move your son to wherever you want him to be, or better yet stay away and let your son play football without having to listen to your crap.  It's about the kids, not about you.  

8 minutes ago, HTV said:

As I have said, I am a Bearden alum, and although I graduated back in the stone age, I still want to see my alma mater do well in sports.  

But that said, seeing the reaction of some of the people "affiliated" with Bearden during this search I have come to the conclusion that some people are just plain nuts and wouldn't be happy if Stever Spurrier or Nick Saban were hired.  

Get a frickin' grip.  If you don't like whoever is announced as the new coach then either move your son to wherever you want him to be, or better yet stay away and let your son play football without having to listen to your crap.  It's about the kids, not about you.  

Can’t keep booster dads happy @HTV

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, adalum96 said:

Please elaborate on these negative impacts?

It would be my genuine pleasure. 

Kids won’t have a head coach in the building holding them accountable for their actions.

Kids who have already been working hard will see kids recruited in that play over them. 

Kids will hold the bag when wins get vacated when a ineligible player inevitably plays. 

Kids won’t have that role model of a college graduate leading their program. - which is important even at a school like Bearden.

Notice how all of these are focused on kids. Something the principal and athletic director seem to have forgotten in the last eight weeks. 

Edited by edwardblake
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

Kids won’t have a head coach in the building holding them accountable for their actions.

Kids who have already been working hard will see kids recruited in that play over them. 

Kids will hold the bag when wins get vacated when a ineligible player inevitably plays. 

Kids won’t have that role model of a college graduate leading their program. - which is important even at a school like Bearden.

Notice how all of these are focused on kids. Something the principal and athletic director seem to have forgotten in the last eight weeks. 

Just curious, the girls basketball team is projected to win state and is off to a great year. Starting 5 has a few recruited players. 

Kids shouldn’t need a coach to hold them accountable in school. 

Those that worked hard, shouldn’t have to worry. Competition creates success. Sports and life. And who said anyone would be replaced, go earn your spot. 

we can play the what if “ineligible” player game when if it happens.

college graduate- do you know if he is or isn’t? Can you not be successful without a degree? Maybe less focus on college degrees and more on trade schools. 

what I saw was too much emphasis on the role of the coach and not enough accountability of the kid/player. 

Edited by JohnnyUtah

1 hour ago, edwardblake said:

Sounds like you applied for the job and didn’t get it. You seem to have intimate knowledge about this guy and what is role is going to be, so you must be on the inside when an announcement hasn’t been made yet. 

Why does a coach have to be in the building to hold a kid accountable? One would think that would be done by punishment after school at practice or workouts. 

Everyone keeps talking about how Bearden doesn’t accept transfers, but now it’s gonna be like a college program where whoever wants to come can come and you will be recruited over.  If you  really think that, it shows how our is touch you, or perhaps how bitter you are. So are you saying that every kid that started for Bearden the last few years is zoned for Bearden? I know for a fact that is not true  

The guy hasn’t been announced as the head coach and you are already taking about vacated wins, gees dude. Also, when is the last time TSSAA has made a football team vacate wins?

I have no clue if he went to college or not, but it seems like you are saying someone that didn’t go to college isn’t worthy of being a role model. That’s a really pathetic statement by you. 

You are slinging a lot of crap with your post. Really sad if you ask me. Seems like this is someone would act if they didn’t get the job. 

Edited by adalum96
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, adalum96 said:

Sounds like you applied for the job and didn’t get it. You seem to have intimate knowledge about this guy and what is role is going to be, so you must be on the inside when an announcement hasn’t been made yet. 

Why does a coach have to be in the building to hold a kid accountable? One would think that would be done by punishment after school at practice or workouts. 

Everyone keeps talking about how Bearden doesn’t accept transfers, but now it’s gonna be like a college program where whoever wants to come can come and you will be recruited over.  If you  really think that, it shows how our is touch you, or perhaps how bitter you are. So are you saying that every kid that started for Bearden the last few years is zoned for Bearden? I know for a fact that is not true  

The guy hasn’t been announced as the head coach and you are already taking about vacated wins, gees dude. Also, when is the last time TSSAA has made a football team vacate wins?

I have no clue if he went to college or not, but it seems like you are saying someone that didn’t go to college isn’t worthy of being a role model. That’s a really pathetic statement by you. 

You are slinging a lot of crap with your post. Really sad if you ask me. Seems like this is someone would act if they didn’t get the job. 

From my perch at West High I obtain information before things happen. I’m a sore semifinals loser I’ll admit that.

I didn’t mention Bearden being like a college team but since you mentioned it we shut them out during our first game this year and we will repeat that again next year.

The last time a school had to vacate wins was in 2018. That team was Powell. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

From my perch at West High I obtain information before things happen. I’m a sore semifinals loser I’ll admit that.

I didn’t mention Bearden being like a college team but since you mentioned it we shut them out during our first game this year and we will repeat that again next year.

The last time a school had to vacate wins was in 2018. That team was Powell. 

Giles Co and Northeast also had to vacate in 2018.

Edited by JohnnyUtah